• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Don pickert fuel injection

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pinckert Injector

Attachments

• Oct2012_Pinckert_RemoteIdleAdjustmentValve_01.jpg
    Oct2012_Pinckert_RemoteIdleAdjustmentValve_01.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Oct2012_Pinckert_RemoteIdleAdjustmentValve_02.jpg
    Oct2012_Pinckert_RemoteIdleAdjustmentValve_02.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Oct2012_Pinckert_FuelInjector_PinckertExplanation.jpg
    Oct2012_Pinckert_FuelInjector_PinckertExplanation.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Oct2012_Pinckert_FuelInjector_PinckertMemo.jpg
    Oct2012_Pinckert_FuelInjector_PinckertMemo.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Oct2012_Pinckert_FuelInjector_PretzfeldMemo.jpg
    Oct2012_Pinckert_FuelInjector_PretzfeldMemo.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 3
John I will check to see if I have any left. I ran them years ago when Don come out with them.
I had great consistency with them & they did work great. Give me a couple days. Let me know if you got one or not.

I have quite a few of these stashed in a parts box.. were very common down in Texas.

Several people built and sold them...nothing magical about them..there is no " injection"..
they are just a brass tube with a couple of slots fitted in an aluminum main body, rotated by a third channel....

Same principal as a remote needle just done differently...

John, if you're interested, I have a new, unused one with instruction sheet.

Thanks,
Steve Ball

Thanks Steve I saw what it looked like I didn’t realize it was a remote needle thanks my friend
John, Don calling it “injection” was just a trick name for sure. Its true all it does is control fuel flow but it’s not a needle. It’s 2 slots like a gas heater adjuster from the old days. Don feels it is more responsive than a needle . The one in the picture was the second version he made. The last models were much different than that. Jeff Lutz

I have quite a few of these stashed in a parts box.. were very common down in Texas.

Several people built and sold them...nothing magical about them..there is no " injection"..
they are just a brass tube with a couple of slots fitted in an aluminum main body, rotated by a third channel....

Exactly!....NO 'fuel injection' about it....LMAO!.....they're a metering device, nothing more, nothing less.
SMH

I gathered some spares up over the years..
I think these are all Tidewater...the front right one may be one of Ernie's..pretty much every boat I have has a fuel doctor in it...
Simple design and they just work.
20230510_150226.jpg

I guess the real “magic” (with Pinckert’s valve) is the size and orientation of the slots

Back