Discharging lipo batteries.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Foley

Supporting Member
I have some batteries I charges for one of my planes and now can't use them for a few weeks one is a 3S.and one is a 4 S
How much should I.dischsrge them from a fully charged state ? Thanks

Few weeks is fine. No need to dis charge them. Most new chargers these days have a storage mode. They will discharge a fully charged pack down to I think about 2/3 from what I recall. Or charge a discharged pack to the amount.
Mike

Tom, another option that I do with my planes is to charge between flights with a field charger then after my last flight of the day (which for me is about 10 minutes) I don’t charge. This leaves my 2500 mah packs at the storage level.
John

If your not going to use your packs the day of charge then you want to bring them down to 3.8 to 3.83v per cell,that's considered storage range.Chargers work but take forever. Go on yt and get a idea on one to make yourself that will work mutch better than your charger. Just remember to use a battery meter to monitor the cells.

A good modern charger can do this very quickly with adjustable charge/discharge rates and will monitor voltage, temperature, etc. with auto cut off.

Last edited:
Back