Difference between IMPBA and NAMBA sport gas class

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheacguy

I've been racing since 1979, I've been away from the Hobby since 1997. I've started running and racing again. I like the gas sport class, can one hull be raced in both IMPBA and Namba ? If Not Why ! Thanks !

it only works one way ....if you build a namba legal G1 sport as per namba rules you could go to any IMPBA event and run that same boat with no changes in LSG 27 and LSG 36 sport hydro but you cannot run a IMPBA legal LSG 27 or 36 in G1 sport hydro as the motor displacement makes them illegal

Also the IMPBA rules allow any engine within the displacement limits. The NAMBA G classeslimit modifications and require industrial style engines with one piece cylinders. The IMPBA rules are similar to the NAMBA GX classes except for displacement limits.

Lohring Miller

Canards are allowed in NAMBA SPORT HYDRO. NOTE:: Only gas sport hydro, not nitro sport hydro.

Last edited:
IMPBA, and NAMBA
So being one of the new guys here I was unaware there were 2 sanctioning bodies.
What is the best to join? or should I join both?
I haven't seen as to who or what North Georgia has yet, Hmmmm I should look into this a bit more
Most seem to be involved with the IMPBA
I am not trying to start a debate Just a question to a 2 year old post.
Fare winds and following sea to you all.

i have been a member of namba since 1999 and run dist 11 racing but when i go to a national event it is usually impba. i can join impba for that event. so if you join one racing organization you are not ''stuck'' in it. both namba and impba members are all pretty good people

The simple thing is this… if you are going to race find out what’s being run in that area and join that national Organization. Like mentioned if you decide to travel, you can pay an event fee and be covered for that event with the additional insurance. Both organizations are nice and I sometimes am a member of both but that’s totally up to you if you want to do that also but there is no real benefit in doing so.

Back