Did you ever re-built a boat from the bottom ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobLondress

Vendor
Last year, I built a Crackerbox, my third. The first one was a 15' Glen L design. The second was a zippkits which ran great for 2 years and then I decided to build one of my design.
Well, after tinkering with it for about a year, I realized it was not going to run the way I planned. Some of you may have seen this.
It ran great in the straights, but could only go around the turns at half throttle or it did barrel rolls.
I built this with a flat bottom with rocker in the last 10".
Well the bottom has been removed and I have re-framed it for a new bottom. Let see how it goes.
Bob

Attachments

• C0AA04C4-9678-436C-AD78-9D5D0E6FD90F.jpeg
    C0AA04C4-9678-436C-AD78-9D5D0E6FD90F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
Wow....this is like open heart surgery....and I like how you did the change...slick I must say....keep us posted on this...i will be watching closely....

Wow....this is like open heart surgery....and I like how you did the change...slick I must say....keep us posted on this...i will be watching closely....
Robert, it was driving me nuts. I thought about giving up on it so I put it in my storage building so I didnt have to look at it. I wanted to get my T boat finished. Well the T boat is done. Now, another chance for it. I have some more sealing on the new wood and then put the new bottom on.

Latest posts

Back