Dave Frank SP 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack dyer

I was given a set of plans for the sport 40 and was wondering could it make a good q hydro with today’s power. Would the boat be happy running 75-80 mph. I was thinking to open up the inside deck area to accommodate running a 2p set up and keep the batteries and esc up front which should help with the cg.
Thanks for any input

That would be pushing the design of that boat at those speeds. Is it version 1 or 2?
Mike

I’m going to say probably version 1! The instructions say by David Frank and Jerry Dunlap.

V2 the center section looks like a wing shape. It used to blow off quite a bit at 60-65 until I did a mod to the sponsons. Made then steeper and deeper. Added 3/16 to sponson pad at sponson transom and then tapered it to zero at the front of the pad.
Mike

Thank you for that info I will take a good look at the plans and see what I have to work with maybe I can use some measurements off my other hydros and see what I can come up with. I do have a whip sport 40 to build.

Latest posts

Back