Daniel Ellison Gas Sport Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice I too use the old school theory for stuffing tube I take a 5/16 drill bit drill the hole just past of the center exit then take a 3/8 rat tail file and slowly file the angle till it fits

Attachments

• 645396E8-D2E2-4206-9F1B-756CA11CEAA5.jpeg
    645396E8-D2E2-4206-9F1B-756CA11CEAA5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
What does he get for them?
You would have to contact Dan for current pricing.
Very nice I too use the old school theory for stuffing tube I take a 5/16 drill bit drill the hole just past of the center exit then take a 3/8 rat tail file and slowly file the angle till it fits
Nothing wrong with that! I know there are new innovative products on the market and other ways of doing it but this is the way I've been doing it for many years and has never failed me. I'm a big fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I use a 5/16 bit with a 1/4 shank and tighten in the collet, with the motor mounted in the hull and the whole cutout, slide a 11/32 tube over the bit and glass it in, when dry pull the bit out and it's ready for the 5/16 tube

Scott,

So what propellers does a good/great gas sport hydro
run these days? Interesting video up there in the #8 posting.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Bring a extra pair of shorts you might need them after running that one.
Hey buddy, if it ain't fast enough, I know a guy.. :cool:
Scott,

So what propellers does a good/great gas sport hydro
run these days? Interesting video up there in the #8 posting.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Hi Mark, in that old Whiplash video I was running a stock 2716/2 15 rake that I pitched up at the pond with my old rusty pliers and got lucky. On the new boat, it doesn't look like it'll pack much air up front and I'm running the 27 class so I'm gonna start with a 2619/2 38 19 to break the engine in and get a feel for the boat. Then I'll try the 27 and 28 series. In general, low lift props in that range is what the modern day designed gas sport guys are looking for but as you very well know, it depends on the boat/set up.

Back