Dangerous Dave Strikes again, second time in two weeks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydro Junkie

For the second time in two weeks, a Dave Villwock piloted U-37 gets into it with the Oberto. According to the H1 website, both the Oberto's Jimmy Shane and Dave decided to cross the infield during the mill. Once again, Dave's boat hit the Oberto's left sponson, this time at the rear, damaging the sponson seriously. A picture of the damage can be seen on the H1 website.

The U-37 Beacon Plumbing was withdrawn from the event after being inspected by Ron Jones Jr. Ron determined that the boat needed to be properly repaired and that attempting a "quick fix" could cost the entire sponson if further racing was attempted. Dave Villwock was suspended for the rest of the event by the H1 officials after the incident

Last edited by a moderator:
After two incidents in a row I am expecting a driver change, and I know someone that would be perfect!!!!!!....
default_smile.png
Fingers crossed.

I know Billy Schumacher had one IW member with the initials SL on his team. That would be a good place to look first. I've seen him drive, has a foot that don't know when to leave the floorboards
default_biggrin.png
What do you think Scott, you in the cockpit in sunny California?

Just my .02 Cents, I didn't think the H-1 bunch would come back to N. Cal after last years show. Only 5 boats showed and they ran 3 lap heats and a 4 lap main in 100 degree weather. No parking at the race site. Park in a remote area and get bussed in. I'd rather see the Unlimited Lights come down and put on a real show. NOTHING to do with S.L. Too bad H1 Can't get it's stuff together.

They aren't going to northern CA, they are going to their usual stomping grounds of San Diego. That stop is scheduled for 9/12-14

There's more to why Dooffus Dave is in the cockpit and Mr. Liddycoat isn't. I've had a couple long phone conversations with Scott and while I'm not at liberty to share let's just say my good friend has been getting the raw end of the deal. Maybe now it'll be like it should have been from the start. Can ya tell I'm not (and never have been) a Villwock fan?
default_tongue.png

Samuel, I think that is the general consensus of those who watch the full sized boats. I've heard from a couple of sources that members of several non-involved teams complained about the incident in Tri-Cities to the officials, might be why Dave was suspended so quickly this time. To not have acted quickly and decisively would have shown favoritism and that would have undermined the credibility of H1 as a whole. I think the situation has been taken out of team owner Billy Schumacher's hands and is being addressed by H1. It wouldn't surprise me if Dave's driving days are over

honestly Villwock won so much because he took risks other drivers wouldn't. I can't remember how many times he'd be running down the back straight in Detroit with both sponsons floating in the air for the last 1,000 feet.

but yeah, dude's got a temper.

Back