Cut Out Kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDanielsSr

Supporting Member
I have the dfx files to build a new to me line of .12 riggers. Currently getting ahead making the polyester cowls. Who is set up to cut 6 or 12 of these little guys out for a fee and ship the sheets to me? New to this process but I have decades of experience cutting out my other boats and also engine rails & transoms for glass hulls on my bandsaws. Seems that machine cut is the way to go especially on these small boats. I have a receipt for the last batch done by the previous owner but the company appears to be gone. Just need a direction, Thanks

So tell me:
with your .12 outrigger design, did you first hand-trace all parts/pieces? Scan the tracing's? And then convert the scanned files to DFX format?

Or did you already create original CAD source files? And then convert to DFX format?

So tell me:
with your .12 outrigger design, did you first hand-trace all parts/pieces? Scan the tracing's? And then convert the scanned files to DFX format?

Or did you already create original CAD source files? And then convert to DFX format?
They are originals. Mark purchased them from me. I purchased the rights from the designer.

Kevin

Yes, Thank you Kevin, I was away from the computer. I am asking for a direction as the laser/router cut is new to me. I am just getting comfortable with 3D printing and vinyl cutting. Small desktop laser engraver or router is next but I will still need an expert to do the .12 boats and discuss converting my hard templates to files for my line of riggers that I still cut on the bandsaw.

Back