Cricut vinyl

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez

I was at a local Micheal's store and saw some Cricut vinyl sheets. Has anyone used those on their boats for trim and graphics? I would like to know if it will conform to compound curves like the deck of a scale hydro. Also, will the color fade over time?

Thanks,
kez

We have made some with it. Sticks pretty good. Color does good. I guess it depends on the clear coat.

Yep....works great....I dont bother with coating the vinyl...use the outdoor permanent stuff and your good...

Thanks guys for the information. I will pick up a few rolls this weekend.
How thick is the vinyl? I will be using these to make the Coors light graphic.

kez

Not to sure about the thickness...I set my Cricut Air2 to vinyl and let it do its thing...I will check when I get home today

I was at a local Micheal's store and saw some Cricut vinyl sheets. Has anyone used those on their boats for trim and graphics? I would like to know if it will conform to compound curves like the deck of a scale hydro. Also, will the color fade over time?

Thanks,
kez
They're fine. I use them. I have not seen any fading in 3 years. You can buy the film from Amazon as well on 6Ft, or longer, rolls if you need longer than 12". If you need to get it on curves you can apply it, like a decal, using windex and just keep working it till it lays down. Practice makes perfect

Back