Cricut Vinyl Cutter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Atwell

Hey guys!

Just invested in one of these and it’s been a blast so far. Kinda went a little crazy with making designs B33FCBDD-2AF7-4D47-9E00-860039D47362.jpeg

Curious if any of you guys have one, or something similar. Learned a lot of tricks on it but wanted to see if anyone else has made some cool files? Any tips you guys have?
I’ve wanted to look at making some custom multi layer wraps, but it seems like I’d need to use a 3rd party like Illustrator to design it then piece it together on the Cricut software.

Try a program called InkScape. it's free and open source Illustrator. The adobe program is great but expensive. I have since switched to "Rhino" and not used Inkscape since I purchased the CAD program, which, I now use to design almost everything for the 3D printer, cnc and the vinyl cutter.

I just purchased some water slide decals in both white and clear to try and make some graphics. I'm trying to figure out how to, or what program to use to modify the images for printing. Would one of these programs for the Cricut be used?
I'm also thinking of getting a vinyl cutter.

The Cricut I know only cuts vinyl, so it couldn’t be used to overlay the design on the water slide paper.
The designs I posted would all be printed in multiple layers by color. You could use the Cricut to cut the decal and ensure square lines.

Thanks for the heads up on the program. I actually have Illustrator (Creative Cloud) due to work I do, so sadly already had to bite the bullet on the expense. Lol, I will give inkspace a look regardless though!
I’m very interested in getting into the 3D modeling aspect for parts/ designing boats down the line. Were you self taught or are there learning avenues I should look down? I’ve done very basic work on Illustrator, like designing dice. Predominantly have the creative cloud for the video and photo software.

I've been thinking about getting one to make stencils for audio racks.

Which one do you have?

We got the Explore Air 2. It can cut up to 12x24. I believe with the “safety” margins it’s 11.5x 23.5
This is the mid tier one, I was really keen on the Cricut Maker, as it lets you cut leather and wood as well, but the Air 2 handles the vinyl needs just fine. I may upgrade eventually if we look at doing small scale some custom work on the side. This article runs through the differences.
https://jennifermaker.com/cricut-maker-vs-cricut-explore-whats-different-best/

I've got a sister with a Circut and laser cutter. We've cut a few for my boats and trailer. I've been thinking of getting one for myself.

Attachments

• tboatdecals.jpg
    tboatdecals.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 42
  • My Pictures0085.jpg
    My Pictures0085.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 42
I love mine...at first the money spent didn't feel to good on the wallet...but it cut almost anything...all done with the cricut....

Attachments

• 20201128_105303_HDR.jpg
    20201128_105303_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20200609_203301.jpg
    20200609_203301.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
We got the Explore Air 2. It can cut up to 12x24. I believe with the “safety” margins it’s 11.5x 23.5
This is the mid tier one, I was really keen on the Cricut Maker, as it lets you cut leather and wood as well, but the Air 2 handles the vinyl needs just fine. I may upgrade eventually if we look at doing small scale some custom work on the side. This article runs through the differences.
https://jennifermaker.com/cricut-maker-vs-cricut-explore-whats-different-best/

Wow, that's very nice... seems quite affordable to me, in the neighborhood of a quality AIO printer.

So, more than likely, that Cricut Explore Air 2 will handle Oracal sign vinyl.

We've been using Paint.net to design, stick in a PDF, and ship out to Callie Graphics. She does a

phenomenal job at an unbeatable price- quick turnaround, too.

https://callie-graphics.com/
Thanks for sharing that, Brandon!

tim

CHEETAH hydros_ png.png

Back