Crazy Propellers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Lucas

Hi ,

as i have some propellers from many different countrys i will show some of them,may be intresting for you.

Some tethered line props from Ruschia and Switzerland (Otto Stroebel)

Some 1kg F1 class propellers from Cecheslowacia

Have fun.

****, I see a couple I would like to try. Where did you get all that stuff Christian ?

Hi,

no question the tethered props are not for oval and if for SAW you need a very large lake with smoth water to acclerate . The propellers for 1 kg boats are made of hardend steel blade solderd in a brass hub ,they look moore like a airplane prop than a boatpropeller.

Andy,

over 40 years of modelboating ,meet lots of boatracing events .would you like to see my propbox ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the type of prop pictured on my White heat 4-60 oval hydro. The zero rake caused the blade to have very high lift. No problems with the boat tracking straight. The characteristic slipping until the blade hooked up was not a problem. Making the blade without any progressive pitch was difficult. If the blade had any convex areas anywhere on the pressure side the prop would be very inefficient. Getting the blade flat along pitch lines was done with a jewelers scrapper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

no question the tethered props are not for oval and if for SAW you need a very large lake with smoth water to acclerate . The propellers for 1 kg boats are made of hardend steel blade solderd in a brass hub ,they look moore like a airplane prop than a boatpropeller.

Andy,

over 40 years of modelboating ,meet lots of boatracing events .would you like to see my propbox ?
Would LOVE to Christian B)

Back