Covid 19?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know of two within Jax, multiple friends on top of that outside of our hobby. A few asymptomatic, one with a 103 degree fever for a few days. Others have had random complications after, mostly breathing related.
A family member on my girlfriends side has been on a ventilator for over a month now, she was taken off and her lungs would not inflate properly and was put back on. Older with prior medical problems, but nothing related to what she has endured with this.

My son lost 2 friends in their 50s, my boss got it, 3 people got it in my neighborhood, two of them got quite sick, several of my relatives up North got it....the media may be over playing it, but it aint no hoax....thats for sure.

I know two that didn't make it, one in his 90s while the other was in his 50s. It's no joke or hoax and, worse yet, it's not something that should have become a political weapon, yet it has. No nation has gotten it under control because, when you really look at it, it's a freaking virus that is spread by anything that can move, human or otherwise.

One has to ponder.. if we have spent the last 7 months "learning to be safe", social distancing, masks, lock downs.. why is it that COVID is ramping up at this VERY POINT IN TIME? Are the changes we are asked to make.. WORKING?. or.. working well enough to "slow the spread".. It does not look like it to me. Increasing is not slowing...... (FACT) Then... when do we know.. and or who tells us.. "its safe to come out to play now".

Is it because of "more testing" more people are testing positive.. or... more testing because people are paranoid. (ya know the positive hit count WILL go up if that is the case)

How deep is the fear mongering?.. sure its a "real thing" and like other plagues.. people will die.. (maybe I will be one of them). I guess we will see when its my turn.. (ya all are going to have to deal with it).. as an engineer I can engineer a lot of things.. I suspect if I was a Biological engineer I would be good at that too.. with gobs of cash coming in and "deals being made".. we could get it done.

Who here understands other types of engineering.. lets make it simple.. did you know.. Hardies French Fries are ENGINEERED to crunch AT LEAST 7 times. Yep.. just so you know EVEN YOUR FOOD is being engineered to "do something" .. (I have tested this.. they will far surpass that)

Sure you will try it..

If you truly believe Covid-19 was "just an accident".. a Biological "got loose" are FOOLING YOUR SELFS.

Grim

Testing is flawed , standards and statistics all over the place . Tens of thousands were actually influenza victims labled COVID . Anyone at risk for or involved in a respiratory illness that died was labled covid . That being said my brother had COPD , was hospitalized then developed symptoms of shortness of breath no matter how much 02 he got . He passed away one year ago . I believe he may have been a victim . Do I wear a mask , no . I believe if you are going to get it you will get it mask or not . Then again I don't get into situations where I am close to lots of people . Who knows but I feel businesses will revolt next year if government tries to shut down the country .

Last edited:
The C19 is a biological. The virus did come from the Lab in China.
This lab is well known in the Academic arena and is known to be doing research on viruses

It APPEARS that it is not known if the virus got out due to poor safety measures or other conspiracy possibilities abound

It has been felt that it may have come from their research animals that were sold to the street meat markets if it was felt by them that animal to human transmission did not occur

The Chinese based on my experience traveling to and in China and Tibet will eat most any animal due to the overall lack of protein in the country

We had German Shepard’s and during our travels in China there were a lot of German Shepard’s skinned and being sold for meat. Made us quite upset to see a pet like we had being eaten

In dealing with viruses there is probably NO totally effective way of controlling the spread especially a virus that is as contagious as C19

Limiting one’s exposure by a mask and distancing and avoid large gatherings in doors helps protect the individual but the virus is still present. It has not died.

It is pretty hard to sterilize the world. I do think there is developing some aspect of a herd immunity since the number of cases still are high but the mortality is low. But if you are in my age group we have to be extremely vigilant

As one Scientist stated that we maybe dealing with a CASE EPIDEMIC more than a Pandemic

Even though the mortality is low for the individual it is 100%. Either you survive or NOT

So the reason I personally have not attended any races is the risks of Hotels and Restaurants and picking up the virus which are 2 of the highest risk areas for contracting the virus. My wife has Asthma and we are in the our 70’s so we are high risk.

Everyone needs to asses their personal situation and take appropriate measures for theirselves

A positive thing is the virus from what I read dies rapidly when exposed to ultraviolet light(SUN LIGHT). So the actual racing and running boats is quite safe and the ventilation is unlimited.

Hopefully next year will be a better year for racing

"Everyone needs to asses their personal situation and take appropriate measures for theirselves."

Doc, you're a smart man and I agree with everything you've written. Just one thing missing. I think this sentence should go on the say... "and the people around you." It's not just about you and me. It's family, friends and considering others that's just as important. Stay home, stay safe and if you must go out, wear a mask and social distance. A family doctor once told me... Some people have to lose someone close to them to get with the program. I don't want that to be me.

Who knows but I feel businesses will revolt next year if government tries to shut down the country .
I don't think we have to worry about that unless Joe Biden wins on Tuesday. Then again, if he does win, we will be looking at other things to worry about, such as the price of anything based on fossil fuels such as gas, oil, electricity, etc

Three of my boating friends had Covid-19. One was seriously ill and hospitalized. The other two felt quite sick for a few days and came out without hospitalization. My son, his wife and my grandchildren all got Covid-19, but as they are young, they came through quickly without serious sickness. So, it is a real threat. But with some commonsense measures, I think we are about as safe as possible. Being outside in small groups I think is okay, but I will avoid crowded places. I have no idea of face masks help, but if I do not wear one in a business, the business is subject to repercussions. So, I wear a mask where requested.

Masks: Do they work???
It is how one defines work

I saw a study where an individual coughed with an UNCOVERD mouth and a Petri dish was placed 2ft 4ft and 6 ft from the individual.

The 2 ft dish in 24 hrs was covered in bacterial growth . 4ft less growth 6ft even less.

Same test with the individual wearing a mask. Virtually no growth at all.
Would you want me as your surgeon to operate on you having not washed my hands and not wear a mask during the procedure.

The virus is carried on water molecules/mucous mist which can be kept from being inhaled. The mask probably can’t stop a virus particle from penetrating the mask but it will stop the vehicle it is riding on or in.

It will help an unknowing individual who has the virus from spreading the virus.

I use 2 different mask, a paper when in small groups. If in potentially high risk situation I use the same mask/respirator I use to spray PPG on my boats.

So I think masks help. I didn’t say WORK

BTW: prior to going into the OR I had the mask up and scrubbed my hands with mask on with a brush and bacterialcidal soap. Then put on a sterile gown

BTW: I you have had a total joint replacement like a knee your surgeon had a completely in closed helmet like covering with a CLOSED RESPERATOR SYSTEM to keep bacteria from the surgeon’s breathing from getting into the surgical wound.

So again I think masks help

My nephew had it and my brothers house was in quarantine for 2 weeks. No one else in house contracted it. Nephew recovered quickly with no medications. A healthy / youthful immune system is key to quick recovery.

Multiple co-workers had it a few months ago and all recovered in a few weeks. Two older gents (mid 50's) got pretty bad, but never needed hospital.

I'm not sure masks are helping much. I saw same test DOC. Distance definately helps concentration.

I agree masks will stop a liquid molecule with virus attached (all of them?) Are all viruses in an infected person necessarily attached to a water molecule? I have no idea. I do know the virus itself will penetrate most masks we are wearing base on particle size and opening size in mask.

With so many states mandating masks everywhere, why are cases going up? Is it more younger kids? Day Cares?? Normal germ spreaders when school starts. Is that what the spike is?

Obviously the masks are not the end all be all. What happened to the importance of N95 masks?
Where are the handwashing stations in the grocery stores?

I was fortunate to get a lot of racing in this year in District 4 and 14.

Stay safe everyone.

Last edited:
Two weeks ago the CDC admitted that far more people got infected wearing masks than not. Direct quote from the CDC- "85% of COVID-19 patients report ‘always’ or ‘often’ wearing a mask. Americans are wearing masks, but masks aren't working." Also buried much further down in the release was only 4% of the infected never wore masks. But as usual the media quickly buried that.............
maskwarning.jpg

Must watch documentary on BBC2 about the covid, tonight 9.00pm.. 2 brothers from the Wuhan research center, where Trump suspects it was engineered, were due to get on Flight MH370 that miraculously disappeared. Seems they were the guys behind the development of the new strain, and intending to use it as a weapon, someone caught wind of their plans and purposefully downed the plane. Neither of them got on the flight though. It’s really interesting. Have a look at it, it's called Two Wongs Don't Make a Flight.

Back