Cordless Starter Quest

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Limbocker

Hello All,
Looking to switch to a cordless starter setup, I plan on using a Dynatron starter. Any suggestions on starter handles and lipos will be appreciated, I already know of the Speedmaster handle and the TFL starter, any thoughts on these as well.
Thanks,
Craig

The TFL works wel on 4 S: I had 2 dynatrons with the speedmaster handle , and it worked well, it's just on the first dynatron the bearings and bristtle gave in an dthe second had the wires short.. So |TFL for me: the trick is not to overpower (no more then 4s)

Craig,
Are you jsut looking for inboard? I am building a new one soon. You can buy my old dynatron setup. I tried Marks starter on my G twin the other day and like it better for those big blocks. So no need for my dynatron anymore.
Mike

FYI,TFL only recommends 3S... also remove the motor and sand the connection points for a better ground....

FYI,TFL only recommends 3S... also remove the motor and sand the connection points for a better ground....
3S seems plenty on the Tfl. I have even tried 2s and it still starts the smaller boats fine. I will have to sand my connection points and see if it helps any but so far I am really liking this starter.

Craig,
Are you jsut looking for inboard? I am building a new one soon. You can buy my old dynatron setup. I tried Marks starter on my G twin the other day and like it better for those big blocks. So no need for my dynatron anymore.
Mike
Ya Mike inboards, sounds like a plan, would this include the starter and lipo? Letme know how much, thanks Craig

Yepper, I will give it to you for the price of the TFL. 100$ It has 2x 3S 2200mah batteries with it. You have seen it. It will start all your boats without any issues. You will have to charge it about every 3rd race for the amount you going to use it. You would have to supply charger. I think you have one. You fly electric, so should work.
Mike

Yepper, I will give it to you for the price of the TFL. 100$ It has 2x 3S 2200mah batteries with it. You have seen it. It will start all your boats without any issues. You will have to charge it about every 3rd race for the amount you going to use it. You would have to supply charger. I think you have one. You fly electric, so should work.
Mike
Sounds great Mike, are you going this weekend to Lakewood?

Yes I am. I need to go do some work at Mike Mallits house with my son. The only day he has off from his normal job is sat. So that is not going to work out. I want to come out for boats on sat. Guess I will have to do the work by myself on Sunday. I told Mike I was out of the electrical side business. They offered me too much to turn it down because they wanted me to do the work.

Yes I am. I need to go do some work at Mike Mallits house with my son. The only day he has off from his normal job is sat. So that is not going to work out. I want to come out for boats on sat. Guess I will have to do the work by myself on Sunday. I told Mike I was out of the electrical side business. They offered me too much to turn it down because they wanted me to do the work.
The race is Sun the 12th

Latest posts

Back