Convert your propane flow meter to air.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
Last edited:
Got tired of buying bottles so got this little pump on Amazon, hooked it up to a 4S pack and wala, no mo' propane!

https://www.amazon.com/Karlsson-Rob...pressor&qid=1557080196&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1

https://www.amazon.com/Uniquers-Vacuum-Diaphragm-Compressor-Silicone/dp/B071GL3XXQ

It's an "Airpo D2028B", you might find it cheaper on FleeBay or elsewhere...

Okay treat me like Im 5 here , my brain is in the rocketry electronics weeds right now working on my L-2 stuff :confused:
When I open the link it shows a vacuum type pump, As I recall my old propane flow meter worked on + psi not neg -
Are you just reversing the polarity and creating + psi instead or does an air operated flow meter require neg flow ?

Last edited:
You may want to consider using a voltage regulator of some type that will carry the current. Set the output voltage at 8 V. As you know the battery voltage will start going down as you use the pump. But this way your pump will stay constant voltage for many runs thus holding the output air constant. Castle make some programmable BEC that would do the job. Or any electronic house would sell regulators for different set voltages.

I've got a regulated propane flow meter, and a spare 4s pack. Looks like I can get an adjustable voltage regulator and vacuum pump off Amazon for about $40.... seriously thinking about converting. Any tips learned since this thread started two years ago?

Works great.

I've run mine right off the 4S pack, no issues. I first mounted the pump with some body trim tape but it shook loose a coupla times so I switched to some small Lord mounts (6-32 M/F). Also added a voltmeter, it'll run forever off a 5000 mAh pack.

full

full

Look at Harbor freight tools for the box

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back