Convert OS OB V1 to V2?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XtremeRcBoats

I've got a OS V1 outboard. Can you convert it to a V2 and what do you need (air cooled head, extended muffler, what else?) If possible, it is worth to upgrade it to a V2?

Tnx.

Paul, I REALLY love my V2.. BUT.. I still get beat by the V1 on more occasions then i would like...LOL

I really dont feel its worth changing a V1 to a 2.. both are such darn good motors in there own right that I just see no reason to update.

Grim

I did see an improvement when I went to V2. That is all I run now. Just sold my V1. It is just a little better.
Mike

thanks for the input guys. I got this OS from a friend some time ago. Had a look at it again today and had forgotten that he ran a pipe instead of the muffler. What do you think it is worth a pipe or switch back to the muffler.

It will just be a fun boat so not stuck with any rules.

Attachments

• 20200726_114602_resized.jpg
    20200726_114602_resized.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 166
Tnx, what pipe works well with this engine? I've got a stamped Irwin, silver bullet, spp and equi pipe.

Paul the silver bullet works well. although Marc and i didn't see a lot of difference.

Back