Parts Wanted Collet needed for .21 car engine. where to get them .

Help Support intlwaters.com:

Davidkrienke

what's the best way to adapt the car style crankshaft to inboard use. Novarossi is out of the collett. is there any other option? Does anyone have collets besides nova.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
David, most people cut off the 5mm snout used for clutch bell bearings and then just use a 1/4-28 collet. Some have used a nut to tighten the flywheel and then a 5mm smooth bore coupler for a motor on the snout. I don't recommend this as it cantilevers a lot of mass further out from the bearing.

Davidkrienke

David, most people cut off the 5mm snout used for clutch bell bearings and then just use a 1/4-28 collet. Some have used a nut to tighten the flywheel and then a 5mm smooth bore coupler for a motor on the snout. I don't recommend this as it cantilevers a lot of mass further out from the bearing.
That was what I am seeing is the flywheel would have to be super thin to make it work it a regular collet. I was hoping someone else made a collet like the nova that can be slid in the flywheel to meet the threads.

Brandon Atwell

Yea the flywheel description is somewhat misleading, I’ve order from here before and their notes are very vague.
I can’t 100% promise it’s the entire setup like you want, but this is the exact part number I ordered for my car conversion kit I did.
But yes, how the kit works is you cut off the smooth end of the crank shaft. The fly wheel drops on and then a thread extender screws in. This secures the flywheel and gives you the standard threads to use any collet of your choice. So, you would still need to order a standard marine .21 collet. I believe Zipp Kits or speedmaster will have one.

Brandon Atwell

Here’s the link from Novarossi Marine USA. Still in stock here. This is what the kit looks like.

Just noticed Novarossi offers two kits now. When I did mine they only had the 29650 kit, which I linked. It says it’s for .12 engines, but worked on my .21. Not sure if they have been updated and changed since then.

Brandon Atwell

774503C7-5CF9-452B-B101-722A4148B143.png
Sorry for the excessive posting.
The kits are the same, except the flywheel. The locking nut and cone will still fit. I have personally used the 29650 kit with no issues on a .21.

Shane Bastick

Supporting Member
Hi James,

29050/k says sold out on your site, do you still have some

Latest posts