CMB / Crapshooter Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Barr

Supporting Member
Being in business for over 40 years I've found the need to change how I do business.

In the future, when you'd like to order something I'm happy to quote you the price. Then, once I receive payment via Cashiers Check, Money Order, or via Credit Card (add a 4% card processing fee), I'll promptly get your parts out to you.

I apologize for having to make this change. Yet, chasing delinquent payments has become very time consuming and I'd rather spend the time producing more product.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Again, sorry to have to make this change.

Stu Barr

Sad, but that’s the way it’s been for many years. When I started doing props again in 1980+, Marty and Greg gave me a heads up to use United Parcel COD, best advice I ever got. I don’t know how you or Al Hobbs have gone this long without making changes. You’ve subsidized the hobby long enough! Fair is fair, your support is unequalled! You should feel no guilt! Just my 2 cents!
Thanks John

I understand where you are coming from, Stu.

Yes, it is amazing that some people want something right away and then either delay payment or forget to pay. I will keep offering the best prices I can and will take care of the people that take care of me in return. But those that don't want to pay can look for the items they want elsewhere.

Al Hobbs

It is very understandable Stu. I dont fault you for trying to keep your time to a minimum. All us suppliers do what we do in order to help out the fellow boater. It is not because we get rich off this. Keep up the good work.
Mike

all good stu. you have been helping out fellow boaters for years. its a shame we have people out there who are just beaters. hopefully we can weed out the bad apples and get on with it. thank you for many years

I lost some good friends early on with my business due to "credit". I get it, you get that new toy in the mail and all u want to do is play with it and forget to pay your bill not realizing the seller MUST pay his bills or go out of business. Rock on Stu!

My Dad used to get COD delivery all the time. But for me in the mid Eighties till now I always expect that my funds reach the supplier before I get my order.

I have enjoyed your fast service on the customers good word, but I don’t blame you. You are not a collection agency or a credit card company, you are doing business, and you have been great!! No loss here Stu you will get my business always

Jim Schmidt

Stu,
Got your money order in the mail box. But the mail has run for the day. It'll get picked up Monday sometime... Thanks for sending out those shim kits so soon! Ken

I mailed my money orders 37 days ago and they have still not been received . I had to file a lost MO form with the post office for 14.00 , then they will issue new money orders and mail them again . USPS sucks , period . I get an attitude from the employees half the time I go there . I hope this is not directed at me as I did nothing wrong and sent out payment promptly .

I’m sorry to see this but totally understand. I’m glade tho to see that you will take CC’s, I hate checks in any form and prefer to pay you before you ship anyway. To be honest I felt a little uncomfortable doing business with both you and Al the other way. I’m two anal about making sure that you guys get my payment and that the checks clear my account before I do anything with the product. I actually like it better this way for us both, lol.

Thanks so much for your support of the hobby Stu! Your new payment terms are perfectly fair and what I would expect in most any case. Heck, find me a hobby supplier that ships or hands over product without being paid first. Don’t look too hard because you won’t find one. Happy Holidays!

Rich Jones
Cincinnati Model Boat Club

Latest posts

Back