Cmb cam 67 gold head

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m brater

Switched over a cmb gold head to single plug. Whats a good head clearance to run with 20% nitro? The more nitro the more clearance needed? Thanks Mike

Mike,

Jeff is about right on the amounts. I use a conservative number and have it at .014 for me . Engines last longer and it reduces detonation. I assume you got the new head buttons by now.

John

Jeff and John, thanks for the info/help. Yes I got the head buttons,thanks. It came from the factory w/ one .008 shim so I was going to try that. It measured at .010 clearance with that shim. I've heard with less nitro content you should have less head clearance?

Generally yes to the head clearance question but the amt of nitro % is the final determinant. What do you plan on running?

The factory head buttons do not come with a shim, that came from me. I also sent you a .004 shim. Put them both in and you will have .014 clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
20% nitro. When I took off the original head that came new from factory it had one shim that was 8 thousand'ths. I measured the head clearance it came to.010. Replaced head button with one I got from you,and shim from you (.008) same .010 HC, do you think that would be best for 20% nitro?

20% nitro. When I took off the original head that came new from factory it had one shim that was 8 thousand'ths. I measured the head clearance it came to.010. Replaced head button with one I got from you,and shim from you (.008) same .010 HC, do you think that would be best for 20% nitro?
Running 20% you should be fine. If you go higher, such as 50-65%, put in the the .004 (1mm) shim as well.

John, thanks again for digging out those shims and selling me the head buttons. You would'nt happen to know if the piston & sleeve for a cmb 67 evo would work in my cmb cam 67 gold head?

John, thanks again for digging out those shims and selling me the head buttons. You would'nt happen to know if the piston & sleeve for a cmb 67 evo would work in my cmb cam 67 gold head?

Mike,

Most welcome. I do not believe the EVO P/S will fit the hydro CAM engines. They are profiled different and have different cranks. The EVO's are 2 piece cranks and the CAMs are generally hydro engines with a 1 piece crank. I have a new CMB 80 P/S from an EVO and a CAM engine and they are different.

John

the evo-1 gold head black case and the purple head hydro 99 cam version p/s will work but the green head cam syle will not because of a longer stroke as i was told, plus you can find the 80 p/s of the evo-1 and the hydro 99 cam engine will work too. please correct me if i'm wrong anybody.

Latest posts

Back