CMB Adapter

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M Vaclav

Anyone know who was origional maker of this bought it freshly machined through Mark Hopper years ago

Attachments

• 20201120_214540.jpg
    20201120_214540.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
The original design came from Ernie Lafleur. Alan Elzer now sells the same design, I believe it is a tad more rigid though.
There are a couple other designs in the R&D stages now...

The original design came from Ernie Lafleur. Alan Elzer now sells the same design, I believe it is a tad more rigid though.
There are a couple other designs in the R&D stages now...
They are pretty easy to make my father is a machinist and we made couple off this one. And also made one out of barstock which gives it a nice finish.

John
Ernies old design cracks around the starter belt up to engine bolt mounting because of the thin housing & bolting to lower unit from outside.
My new design bolts up rom the bottom through different bolt pattern allowing a stronger housing. Several of my housing kits are 4 yrs old with no breakage. Kit comes with a header, exhaust flange, sterring arm mounts, drive nut & housing. I'll try attaching pictures. I just need to know which engine you have weather purple, red or gold head Evo 45 & I do have one for older gold head 67 as well.

Ok i selected 14 photo & only 1 transfered. So need help here ?? Or message John if interested price varies to with engine and what you actually want, but cost under $175
20201014_195024.jpg

Attachments

• 20180113_170546.jpg
    20180113_170546.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 20180113_161045.jpg
    20180113_161045.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 133
  • CMB 45 OUTB ADAPTER KIT COMPLETE.jpg
    CMB 45 OUTB ADAPTER KIT COMPLETE.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 135
  • CMB 45 HEADER KIT.jpg
    CMB 45 HEADER KIT.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 136
Cool guy,, excellent machinist, perfectionist...
Always liked his clean detail to his boats and support gear. I still have a few carbs and remote needles built by him.
His "John deer" twin hydro was so consistent..he was a hard competitor...

I remember him missing first place in a class by a few points and immediately took his second place plaque, climbed a tree with a screw gun and screwed it to the tree up behind the drivers stand in the swamp. Last time I was out at the lsmbc pond it was still there !

Sorry to hear that he quit boats, but I think like most of us that ran out at lsmbc, he got burnt out..
I still have a collection of boats, but I haven't touched one in years.... maybe soon...:)

thanks for the comments Carl !

I remember him missing first place in a class by a few points and immediately took his second place plaque, climbed a tree with a screw gun and screwed it to the tree up behind the drivers stand in the swamp. Last time I was out at the lsmbc pond it was still there !
Do they (LSMBC) still race at same pond? Close to that biker place?

I moved from Houston a few years ago,
but at that time, they had moved the club from the biker lake back to the original place over by love's marina... Hwy 90 and the San jacinto river.
I think that's where they still are today.

Back