CMB 91RS M-Line - Which plug?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Ellwood

Hi there,

I recently picked up a CMB 91RS M-Line, have never owned a CMB before. Can't find any recommendations regarding a plug. I am assuming these are a hot engine so require a cold plug, can anyone with experience confirm this? It will be run on 25% Nitro if that makes any difference :)

Thanks in advance!
Jake

os turbo glow plugs rp7 or rp8 are very nice,
you must not use conical glow plugs type novarossi, the cone has a different angle

Thanks Gilbert! Just checked and that's a cold plug. Excellent. I've already got some OS A5s in stock which are cold and go well in our MACs so I'll use one of those!

Yep I noticed earlier when I tried to put an A5 in it it's just too small. Looking at your link you can see the turbos are thicker! So will get some ordered. Thank you :)

Hi guys I've run this engine on 25% with O'Donnell 299T with great success in Europe (Endurance racing). And with 40% in my hydro the same plugs are great. Have tried other brands and have never had the same constancy that I get with O'Donnell.

Which one did you use : cone glow plug or standard glow plug for new CMB91 RS M-line red head?

Allan, the glow plug cone CMB Picco OS is different, if you put a novarossi glow plug it works, but the tapered range of the cylinder head will be deformed, there will be leakage with loss of compression and oil from everywhere on the engine, AXE Rossi manufactures turbo xt with OS cone, the rt are similar to novarossi

Back