CMB 45 V5 or 45 RS EVO

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

360modena

Supporting Member
Going to be putting together a 45 hydro and wondering what CMB to go with, the V5 or the RS EVO. It will be going in a Road Runner Stealth. Thanks for any input

Says 50/50 % Stu B told me that V5 more torque and EVO more rpm you decide to choice one joe warren like EVO and I will try to get new M-line

Last edited:
I like the Evo
Hard to beat a Zimmerman valve

I have had no crank problems
Got 104.8 out of it in my SAW boat
Same motor in my heat racing boat consistent 84-85 mph

I have ran and the V5 with great success also. A lot depends on the boat and set up.

Virgil,
The RS-45-EVO in my opinion is The Best 45 motor out there.
Not fun to work on, but they make power and RPM galore.
Since I bought mine, my 45-VAC’s are sitting on the shelf.
We call it the Baby 101. A motor with good size bearings
in the case. Danny just pushes his too hard.😀

Just My Honest Opinion,

Mark Sholund

Disassembling and rebuilding one isn't bad after the first time you do it.
But the formula recommended to me was
V5 for riggers, EVO for sport hydro

I used a Dremel tool to grind a notch in a pair of surgical forceps that grabs the wrist pin clip.

Twists it right out and keeps it from flying across the room. Then just reach in and grip the wrist pin and slide it out.

The forceps and some sharp dental type picks help as well for installation...

I used a Dremel tool to grind a notch in a pair of surgical forceps that grabs the wrist pin clip.

Twists it right out and keeps it from flying across the room. Then just reach in and grip the wrist pin and slide it out.

The forceps and some sharp dental type picks help as well for installation...
Don’t forget wear safety glasses lol

The wrist pin has a slight thread in the end, so you can pull out by inserting a long 6-32 screw into it. I've had several Evo engines over many years & never had to replace bottom end rod bearings, but I use plenty of oil in my fuel.
Like Frank said you just need a hydraulic press (preferred) & tools to alien after.

Back