Class P-Limited?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For P/L I would go with a 36mm X 60mm (NAMBA legal) motor between 1800 and 2100kv. I have run most brands and my go to off the shelf is a Leopard 3660 2050kv ($50) Right now OSE is out of them. Many others out there that will run well also. A Hobbystar 3660 2070kv is $30 and I have had good luck with them. Brushless Boat Motors - Motor/ESC (rcjuice.com)
For ESC if they fit Zip has the Flycolor 150 ($50) Best controller for the money.
Props 443 444 2 blades, M445 Octura and ABC 1714 1715 will do well. Not sure what the G30 likes.
Don't go crazy and overpower. You will be upside down and testing your waterproofing skills. Have fun and a well set up3660 will easily get into the 50mph range.
Mic

Lohring I know one person running them with good performance. I would say they are a little better than the TP3630, but not as good as the rewound Amp Daddy Huff motors.

Zack...
Im new to the FE side of boating...but I'm following what the prototype boat is currently using...flycolor 150amp speed control...
SSS 3656 2030Kv motor..all from Zippkits ..
and will get some 4c 5000mah 60c batteries. This keeps the boat at a price point that allows me to enjoy the class

Does anyone have experience with the Neu 1412WC motor?

Lohring Miller
I have a 1412 NEU that one of the Michigan guys had specially made 2050KV. Let me put it this way it is a good running quality motor but at NAMBA TT's we ran an out of the box Leopard with the NEU in the tool box. It didn't show any advantage in testing and data logging over Leps I have. Yes the AMPDADDY is an advantage which we borrowed from Don also.
Mic

Mic is right about that Leopard 3660, it is a good motor for limited when compared to the other options.

And the reason is because it has a 32mm long rotor! The Neu 1412 is 1.2" which equals 30.5mm. The AQ is 30mm, the SSS 3656 is 30mm but it's rotor is almost a mm larger in diameter. The Dynamite 2000 is actually a good motor and with good reason also, it's rotor is 35mm long, but small diameter and tiny magnets.

I am also a FE DUMMY if I were to build a fe tunnel with a Leopard 3660 what esc can I get by with and prop recommendations?

I am also a FE DUMMY if I were to build a fe tunnel with a Leopard 3660 what esc can I get by with and prop recommendations?
Go no further than a Flycolor 150. Joe has them at a good price
150 Amp Flycolor ESC [705] - $49.00 : Welcome to Zippkits!, Model Boat Kits and Accessories!
An M445 or 642 Octura - ABC 1714 or 1715.
Best Batts I have found quality and price Roaring Top
70C 5000 mAh 4S- Roaring Top lithium polymer batteries are built to meet the (roaringtopusa.com)
Mic
Jim Clegg at Stumpfab makes a neat esc cooling plate that saves space and cools better on a Flycolor.

Does anyone allow 3s for P LTD? it is allowed for P.. If yes, then what KV is allowed for the 3s batt?

Asking due to having a Delta Force 25.5 mono.. Trying to move this to 3S since this is what mfgr / OSE suggest. 4S with a 2075kv is somewhat NUTS to run, but fun.

Does anyone allow 3s for P LTD? it is allowed for P.. If yes, then what KV is allowed for the 3s batt?

Asking due to having a Delta Force 25.5 mono.. Trying to move this to 3S since this is what mfgr / OSE suggest. 4S with a 2075kv is somewhat NUTS to run, but fun.

Mark,
Per NAMBA rule book P/Limited volt range is 11.1 - 16.92v so 3S is legal.
If you run a 2075kv on 4S the equal motor kv on 3S would be 2766kv. If you run the same size (watt) motor say 2700kv on 3S all you will do is increase your amp draw. theoretically if you pulled 80 amps on 4S then your higher kv same watt motor would pull 106 amps.
If your goal is to slow things down just put in a smaller motor or simplest solution would be less prop which will lower amp load and increase run time. 3S with a smaller motor will cost more than a prop.
Mic

Go no further than a Flycolor 150. Joe has them at a good price
150 Amp Flycolor ESC [705] - $49.00 : Welcome to Zippkits!, Model Boat Kits and Accessories!
An M445 or 642 Octura - ABC 1714 or 1715.
Best Batts I have found quality and price Roaring Top
70C 5000 mAh 4S- Roaring Top lithium polymer batteries are built to meet the (roaringtopusa.com)
Mic
Jim Clegg at Stumpfab makes a neat esc cooling plate that saves space and cools better on a Flycolor.
0E16F2D2-78D7-46FA-8B86-631545530E53.jpegE7D40F43-F6AA-4BF0-9246-E5C3ADFE3CD4.jpeg
+1 on Gabes plate!
Just got one and installed it. Very simple process and makes ESC even smaller than stock. Looking forward to testing soon!

Edit:
Here’s a purchase link:
https://stumpfabrication.com/collec...arts/products/max-cool-150-esc-cooling-plates

The plate does not include thermal paste. That said I have converted a few and found a mini torch or heat gun warming the heat sink on the FC150 will make it much easier to separate and the thermal barrier might stay intact. A dab of paste is still a good idea. Crazy as it is to add $30 to a $50 controller it does make a more efficient and compact unit. Good job on Gabes part.
Mic

Yea, no thermal paste included.
Gabes instructions work around the fact the old water cooling jacket will separate fairly clean from paste on there.
When I did mine I only had to reattach one sliver that pulled up with the old jacket. The only part that was a bit of a pain to detach was whatever compound the motor wires are encased in. That black rubber- like material did not want to separate from the jacket.

Back