Class C Racing Runabout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1olddog

Does anyone have the plans for it that they might want to sell or make a copy of at my expense ? It was in the Sept 2004 issue of RCM magazine.It was a yellow boat with a K&b 3.5 outboard on it.The plans were by Bob Stark.RCM is no longer with us,so this is the only way to get plans.I have the build article that has the plans in it ,but coping them or putting them on a disk hasn't worked.

Racing Runabout Build Article.zip

Attachments

• Racing Runabout Build Article.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 172
That's a great plans/construction article. I was not aware of it being published in RCM. Something I did a couple of times to enlarge plans if I had small plans from a publication was to make a transparency and use an over head projector to project on a flat surface and then enlarge the plans to the size I wanted. It did mean having to copy the plans off the wall.

That boat could easily be build with half the amount of frames shown in the plans.

JD

I might just try that if I can find a projector. Would I have to trace the plans first or see if the ones from the build article that I printed enlarge and come out clear enough ?

I used the machine we had at school to make transparencies for lessons. I think Office Depot/Office Max can make transparencies. I would then tape the drafting paper to the chalk board and trace the parts. The students were pretty understanding when I explained this was a lesson in measurements.
default_wink.png
Jeez, hard to believe I've been retired from teaching for 20 years.

JD

Great idea Jerry! Could also hook a computer to a projector if you can't find an overhead projector. I will give it a try tomorrow and see what happens.

Didn't realize you were a teacher. I teach 5th grade. What grades did you teach?

Great idea Jerry! Could also hook a computer to a projector if you can't find an overhead projector. I will give it a try tomorrow and see what happens.

Didn't realize you were a teacher. I teach 5th grade. What grades did you teach?
I mostly taught 5th grade. I also taught sixth, fourth, and combinations. But, 5th grade was my favorite because U.S. History was part of the curriculum.

JD

Latest posts

Back