Cipolla .21 PAS Questions...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldlugs

Hey folks,

I just picked up a NOS older Cipolla PAS .21 marine, for what I think was the right price. What can I expect from this engine? Good performers? Do they stay together OK? Thanks for any info. :)

cipolla21.jpg

Duane

Hey folks,
I just picked up a NOS older Cipolla PAS .21 marine, for what I think was the right price. What can I expect from this engine? Good performers? Do they stay together OK? Thanks for any info. :)

View attachment 6271

Duane
Duane,

Check to see if the rear bearing has a brass retainer - if it does change it to a polyamide one ASAP.

Also, don't rev it too high or the rod will let go.

Cipolla don't exist anymore. made some good stuff back in the 80's & 90's. I ran their plugs until about a year ago -had a stash.

Hmmm one of the few engines I have NOT blown up. Tim dunno if you have seen a rod go in one of these but mine seem to have lasted... Still have at least one new one of these hanging around as well as my original engine and a few spares...

I received my NOS Cipolla PAS a few days ago, and it looks like a very nice engine. The crank doesn't have any fancy "turbo" groove or heavy metal inserts, but the piston does have some ports to aid in breathing. The exhaust port looks wide, but not as tall as some other .21s I have.

I haven't checked any timing #s yet on it; are they a high revving engine in stock form, or more of a torquer?

Thanks, Duane

I received my NOS Cipolla PAS a few days ago, and it looks like a very nice engine. The crank doesn't have any fancy "turbo" groove or heavy metal inserts, but the piston does have some ports to aid in breathing. The exhaust port looks wide, but not as tall as some other .21s I have.I haven't checked any timing #s yet on it; are they a high revving engine in stock form, or more of a torquer?

Thanks, Duane

From memory they do rev out pretty well. Mine was in a rigger and in a 21 sprint cat before that. There were 2 that were in gear drive tunnels in our club as well so they would be better propped for revs.

Latest posts

Back