• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boats For Sale Chris Doherty scam

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im looking for an OS outboard 3.5 if anyone has one for sale. I was also a victim of Chris Doherty. He sold me a motor for 175

I'm a retired Deputy Sheriff, I've seen this happen to so many honest people. 100 percent most everytime the scammer in based outside of the US. I hate to see this happen to good boat modeler. Now days we live in a scamming world full of very dishonest so called people.

I'm a retired Deputy Sheriff, I've seen this happen to so many honest people. 100 percent most everytime the scammer in based outside of the US. I hate to see this happen to good boat modeler. Now days we live in a scamming world full of very dishonest so called people.
Most times the schittballs hide on the internet just outside the boundaries of jurisdiction so the laws can't protect.

I just wanted to mention that his address and the trash cans in his pictures of his hydro match as well as the phone directory and address shows him and his wife and family and where they lived his whole life pretty much. If anyone wants I can send it to you . I just am unsure whether it would be cool to post his address and all this on the post.

I just wanted to mention that his address and the trash cans in his pictures of his hydro match as well as the phone directory and address shows him and his wife and family and where they lived his whole life pretty much. If anyone wants I can send it to you . I just am unsure whether it would be cool to post his address and all this on the post.
Can u send me what you have in a private message. I was scammed for 175

Here is the pictures that show the same number as his address.
And I think this is the cmb67 he sold. the post said that was what was in it. So it may be the only engine he had.

Attachments

• IMG_20210818_164102_903.jpg
    IMG_20210818_164102_903.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20210818_164133_562.jpg
    IMG_20210818_164133_562.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Our sale system is not broken, he met the minimum post count criteria to sell. I actually exchanged p/ms with him 3 weeks ago about his avatar, a boat I built. He said he was building a Zipp SLR and asked for paint codes. I messaged him today regarding sales and as of yet no reply, he was on last Friday at 12:10 PM. Sadly we cannot prevent this kind of thing from happening, looks like he joined a couple months ago and posted more than enough to meet the selling criteria. Many of us, myself included use Paypal F&F to avoid the ever increasing PP fees. While most on here are trusted members his joining in September and no prior selling history might have been a point for caution. All we can do at this point is hope something happened that has temporarily inhibited his ability to post. If anyone receives a message or other form of comm please post it here on this thread.
How about changing the post requirement to 100!!!

I think the Photo with the seller date and intl waters on a piece of paper would be great to do so no one can steal pictures.

Hey guys, I'm really sorry to hear this - It was mentioned that this guy maybe in the UK and also someone has his address. If he is in the UK, I may be able to help track him down and get the UK police involved.

Ricky
No way are those photos of the house in the UK, architecture and build are not UK and no Walmart in the UK.
Baz

maybe his for sell post should be taking down or locked so we don't have more victims

This was received
Ricky
No way are those photos of the house in the UK, architecture and build are not UK and no Walmart in the UK.
Baz
No he's in New Jersey, info still incoming........

How about this....both IMPBA and NAMBA has web sites and newsletters.....put a fraud alert with some identification pics of some sort on the web sites... so everyone has a chance to know and possibly spot this person....it's just not a simple Ooops is suckered you...it's a ongoing affair....

Back