• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boats For Sale Chris Doherty scam

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Virgil, I looked back in posts this guy had made, and saw that you had bought that .67 from him.
I was going to ask you about it today... if you ever received it.
I was also wondering if anyone sold him anything and might have a ship to address?
something was shady about this guy from the start...some of his conversations in posts were argumentative.

I had someone try to scam me on another R/C website and went as far as texting pictures of her state license, etc, but insisted on Friends and family, something didn't seem right, next was " I'm just trying to feed my kid " then I said No this is a scam.
I think Bulldogracing has a good idea, and maybe exchange phone numbers as well, I'd be 100% fine with a fellow R/C member to chat about a part/item.
Sorry for all who were taken advantage of and hope PP or CC's will help out.

I have his address let me know by pm if you want it and I will give it to you . also it matches the numbers on one of his trash cans in some pictures of a hydro he had posted.

One of my other hobbies is sporting clays, and there are several forums I'm a part of as well for it. Anytime you post something on the classifieds, you must have your username, the date of the listing, the item you're selling, and a price written on a piece of paper next to the item you're selling in all of the pictures.

I'm not an advocate of overcomplicating things, however this tends to make things pretty cut and dry, and really helps eliminate potential scammers. Maybe something to consider for newer members going forward? Not sure if this is the place to make a rule change suggestion, just wanted to toss out another viewpoint.

I hope Karma gets this dude someday.. the motor I purchased was for my 6 and a half year olds first outrigger we are building together. He was so excited and now I have to explain how I /we all got taken by this guy. Well I guess it’s a lesson we all learn at some point. Next time I’ll just buy the new motor from Stu Barr.
Greg i have a cmb beta evo in good shape i will give you for your 6 1/2 year old. All you have to do is pay shipping. Marry Christmas to you. Let me no.

I didnt know If I should put his address and all I found in this post until Don decides what to do on it. I sent him all I had . I really hope we can get justice done on this. one bad apple trying to ruin a great thing. Thats awesome Butch helping Greg out.

Back