• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boats For Sale Chris Doherty scam

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred685

Supporting Member
It seems as though a bunch of us have gotten scammed from this guy. He still has some items listed for sale. I contacted Don Ferrette about his account. Hopefully he’ll have some contact info for him.
Stay away from him!!!!!

I tried to buy an engine from him and we wouldn’t accept a company check from me. I told him to wait until it clears then ship the motor.

Watch the Brian Calabrese account as well, as the paypal address he gave me, ended up paying Doherty as well, which was when the Alarms bells rang for me

I was trying to buy a gas engine from him but when he said he only takes friends and family instead of goods and services with me paying the fees, that was the red flag.

Sorry, Hopefully it’ll sort itself out.

Id say your all screwed says he is in United Kingdom and all his friends

Wow, so looks like Chris's join date is. Sept 2021 so how. Was he able meet the standard to sell stuff. Looks like atleast 9 undeliverd items. To bad our sale system is broken.

He got me for that pum26 gas engine for 165 and he pm me said he had another os outboard he would sell me for 185 and I sent him money for that . so he got me for 2 engines. Darnit.

I noticed his paypal was Dan Doherty when I paid which I thought might have been his dads that he said passed away. I just am beside myself on this one.

Might have a claim with credit cards, but I would rather find him and charge him with fraud. I’m a retired cop and would love to see him in court. I have a couple addresses and phone numbers that might be him already. If anybody has sent him money please let me know the the date, amount sent and the town you live in. You can do that through a PM. I want to build a solid fraud case in case we can find him.

Latest posts

Back