Choosing a 3d printer

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan haley

Guys what's a decent not to expensive 3d printer to start out with to make small parts maybe the biggest being a boat stand and such around 200 to 300 range

Creality Ender 3. Is what I got. I absolutely love it. It’s my first one. Check the website. They have a sale going on now.

For a couple hundred bucks more you can get the new Creality Ender 3 S1 that can do more for future filaments that you want to try.

Creality Ender 3. Is what I got. I absolutely love it. It’s my first one. Check the website. They have a sale going on now.

For a couple hundred bucks more you can get the new Creality Ender 3 S1 that can do more for future filaments that you want to try.
Thanks I was just checking out the ender 3 probably gonna go with that

CR10V3.. I should go on to say.. this is NOT my first printer.

Cube Pro
Maker Bot Z18
Maker Bot 2X
-etc-

The Creality CR10- V3 is the best.. most robust machine for the money I have ever used.

we now have 6 here at work and I have one at home...

Grim

Grim, I found a guy's review of the CR10-v3. Just curious on how much of his review you agree and/or disagree with?

A view notes:

BY FAR the quietest unit I have ever used
Prints TPU VERY WELL
Prints PLA VERY WELL
Prints ABS VERY WELL

We have one machine.. 3 years old now.. we had to change a fan and the heater for the bed.. total of around 60 bucks in 3 years. LOL..

When the machine is new the Delrin wheels "break in" they Dust.. I clean the dust after break in and let em print.. (VERY VERY Low maintenance)

I have never had any Delrin dust get into my prints.
The filament detector works as long as the roll will let go of the filament.

When we do blow up a print is almost ALWAYS improper bed glue (or bad settings). We had an intern setup a LARGE print.. 2 days.. he did not glue the bed.. he took off for the weekend.. the print failed and the machine made all attempts to (un-do) itself.. the steppers are STRONG.. and fast.LOL.. the heat bed was DETACHED from the machine, the Y belt off the bearings and the print was a BALL.. 1 hour later, changed a tip and a 3 inch length of Teflon and its printing as well as it ever has.. (VERY easy to work on)

By far the best failure I have ever seen.. LOL.. it was epic!

Mechanical shapes and organic shapes.. it does them both well.

Grim

TPU fuel tank mount for a tunnel boat.
(4 parts) are ABS coupler mounts for some of my G scale Engines
LP tanks for my HO layout WITH a filament change.

Attachments

• 20220127_063009.jpg
    20220127_063009.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221027_150240 (Medium).jpg
    20221027_150240 (Medium).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1
  • M+J (11).jpg
    M+J (11).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1
printed and painted parts

Attachments

• M+J (28).jpg
    M+J (28).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
  • M+J (30).jpg
    M+J (30).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
  • M+J (56).jpg
    M+J (56).jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 1
TPU Tank mount
TPU Servo Mounts
TPU Fuel Tank Mounts sp 20

Attachments

• 20220127_162545.jpg
    20220127_162545.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220307_201441.jpg
    20220307_201441.jpg
    862.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220316_201239.jpg
    20220316_201239.jpg
    652.5 KB · Views: 1
Printing ABS.. yes that is a bag.. and the HOT TICKET when printing ABS (as well as a SOLID setup in the slicer!)

Attachments

• 20221024_084819.jpg
    20221024_084819.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
TK.. I use resin printers too.. BUT.. they are just not for me.. smelly, parts cleaning, UV curing, mixing to make more flexible or more durable or.. .. and the list goes on..

We have Creality units.. a few of these. https://www.amazon.com/Creality-Off...cphy=1027944&hvtargid=pla-1411887326131&psc=1

Wow, those look high end, mine's pretty basic but does all I want.

Yup, smells a little, havta wash the parts in alcohol and then sit in the sun but works for me so far.

They have resins now for just about any application, even rubber like stuff.

I will throw my two cents in here before you do. I have owned an Ender 3 Pro, Ender 5 Pro, and the Prusa i3 MK3S. I bit the bullet on the Prusa several months ago. I am not impressed with the unit at all. Both Ender printers printed as good or possibly better than the Prusa. I purchased the factory assembled unit trying to eliminate any issues. Within the first week I was on the online chat with the tech department trying to figure out firmware issues. At around 1:30 AM I finally said that I had to go. After doing a total reset and install the next morning twice. The issue that was happening went away.
I am sure that some gurus could make this unit print much better than me. But the hassle from about day two has had me wondering if I should have gone with something else.
I am sure some Prusa Die Hards will be flaming me over these statements. But it is just my two cents thrown in. I would not pay the additional amount for a printer like this again.
I print mostly with PLA. I have tried PEG with this printer without much success. Maybe I am a Lemon as an operator. Or maybe my unit is a lemon. Most likely the operator. But the operator never had the issues with the Ender printers.
I personally think that it is a lot of hype!

Guys what's a decent not to expensive 3d printer to start out with to make small parts maybe the biggest being a boat stand and such around 200 to 300 range
I purchased the Creality ender3 S1 PRO....has all the bells and whistles so no need to upgrade the machine...just focus on printing....so far...love it...

I will throw my two cents in here before you do. I have owned an Ender 3 Pro, Ender 5 Pro, and the Prusa i3 MK3S. I bit the bullet on the Prusa several months ago. I am not impressed with the unit at all. Both Ender printers printed as good or possibly better than the Prusa. I purchased the factory assembled unit trying to eliminate any issues. Within the first week I was on the online chat with the tech department trying to figure out firmware issues. At around 1:30 AM I finally said that I had to go. After doing a total reset and install the next morning twice. The issue that was happening went away.
I am sure that some gurus could make this unit print much better than me. But the hassle from about day two has had me wondering if I should have gone with something else.
I am sure some Prusa Die Hards will be flaming me over these statements. But it is just my two cents thrown in. I would not pay the additional amount for a printer like this again.
I print mostly with PLA. I have tried PEG with this printer without much success. Maybe I am a Lemon as an operator. Or maybe my unit is a lemon. Most likely the operator. But the operator never had the issues with the Ender printers.
I personally think that it is a lot of hype!
Sounds like I better bring your Ender back........

I have 3 Ender's . 1 Ender V2 and 2 Ender Pro ( there was a deal at Micro Center for 100 bucks a piece..... so I bought 2 lol). I equipped all 3 with the BL touch auto leveling probe. No issues at all.
I print PLA , PETG and ABS with it . After some experimental I figured out that the Hatchbox filament works the best for me.
Just my experience using Lulzbold and JG Aurora at work that the price for an Ender and the quality is unbeatable.

Alex

Latest posts

Back