Charging box

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are available commercially everywhere now. Anybody have any experience with them? The look amazing. I just purchased several for testing. Well worth the insurance!
115239_3.jpg

When you start doing TT's and national events it's worth building one of these. Hold 12-20 batteries and warms to optimal temp, chargers go on top and foam blocks seal up the top shelf. Fans circulate air from the bottom level to the top. A single 100W heater and a beer brewing thermostat keeps everything cooking nicely. One fan also will pull in cold air if it gets too hot.IMG_5524.JPG IMG_5525.JPG
IMG_5489.JPG

Was doing this back in the late 80's early 90's with a old tin loggers lunch box with a hole bored thru the side for the charge lead. Amazing. I missed my mark. I Keep the batteries of all kinds stored in a old cast BBQ/Grill when they are not in use.

David, battery fires are pretty rare if you charge at reasonable rates, always connect the balancing plugs to the charger and use healthy cells.
Almost all the battery fires I have witnessed were a result of overcharging, charging puffed cells or charging without balancing.

Back