Changed my mind

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Seebold

Ok guys, you win. I’ve gotten so much flack when I mention my plans to start making boat s**t again, I think I’m just gonna take my machining expertise and move it over to the 1/5 scale gas powered truck hobby.

I’ve been in Vancouver Washington for about 2 1/2 years now and the closest place I can find to go boat racing is a minimum of 100 miles away, and there are about a dozen tracks within a 20 mile radius of my home where I can go run/race my trucks.

I have 3 trucks now. I have a Losi 5ive T 2.0, a Losi DBXL with an upgraded engine and a DBXLE 2.0 that I’ll be running I hope sooner than later.

I left a lot of good friends behind when I moved from Southern California to Vancouver Washington, but I was tired of $2800 house payments, $10,000 property taxes, crowded freeways, $4.00 gas, $1500 license for my RV and snooty neighbors.

Up here, my house is paid for, my RV is $145., gas is $3.30, friendly neighbors and of coarse, LOTS of rain.

It’s really strange to watch road repair up here. When the guys are working on the road and it starts to rain, everyone just puts on a raincoat and keeps right on working.

Anyway, I’m done with boat s**t at least for a while.

You guys giving me crap every time I put up a post is just one reason I’m gettin out of the hobby.

That and all the people who said I took their money and never delivered parts.

I did that to one guy, and after a ridiculously long period, I did refund his money. His refund was handled by Dom Mauro over on JRCBD, and I sent the gentleman $850 worth of parts, for free for what I did to him.

That is not why I give you crap. I dont even know anything about what went on over at the boat dock. You never seem to listen. When you keep asking the same question expecting a different answer. You came to our district expecting it to be like LA. There very little racing happening in the vancover area. Your closest race to you was longview. Yet that was too far because it was not the distance like Legg was to your old home. You never came out once to check out our group. Then proceeded to keep posting on the district site that you needed something closer. After the fourth time, it was just getting old. We gave you all the info the first time you asked for it. We even offer to help you set up a race in your area if you were willing to do the leg work in vancover. I don't like having to repeat myself since you are too inconvenience to listen to what I have to say. So Im pretty sure this will fall on deft ears as well.

Like my previous post,
Waiting here holding my breath for the next useless update...........

I am pretty new here but I haven't ever seen any parts that this guy has even made . What am I missing :p

Second that .

Ptw I am the person Steve is talking about , in his no deliver issue.

Don't know how many excuses I went threw over the 3 years waiting on the parts from lost address to moving etc .
Not to mention sending stuff to others who had just ordered while I was still waiting.
100s of emails one sided to him.

Let the car guys have fun, already a loaded market.

Look after you self Steve

John 15:13 AKJV

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Ok, I just Googled it and Longview is less than 45 miles away.

Can someone give me directions to the boating site? Please.

I don’t really want to get out of the hobby. I’ve been enjoying it since I was about 12 years old. I’m 77 now and I still enjoy doing it.

I started in Alondra Park in Gardena CA, then I went to Ala Moana Park in Honolulu Hawaii in the mid 60’s while I was in the US Navy.

I’ve done it in a lot of places, and now I’d like to check out Longview.

“PLEASE” will someone give me directions to the model boating site.

Like I said earlier, Longview is only about 45 miles away. That drive would be a piece of cake for me.

Thanks in advance guys, and I promise, no more disparaging remarks.

Longview is only available for organized club events and not free to use on a casual basis.
the pond is in a park and along a main two lane road. Google Earth Longview and it will show in town.

It is possible to test at Lake Sacajawea in Longview. Steve, if you go to the City of Longview, Washington website, click on Parks & Recreation, you should be able to find information on Lake Sacajawea. The only type of model boat racing that has been taking place at Lake Sacajawea the last 5 years has been 1/10 Scale Hydroplanes. I know FE isn’t your model boating interest.

Back