Celina Summer Challenge CANCELLED

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggeiselman

Supporting Member
Celina has been cancelled. I will be doing refunds in the next few days. If you paid by paypal the refund will be by paypal. If you sent a check, I will send a check back to you. Maybe next year will be better I hope!

Thanks
Garry

hi, guys, well, the ax fell on Celina race at 3:3i0 pm Thursday 07/23/2020. I received and e-mail and phone call from Mercer county health department. after discussion, I was informed we will not be able to host the Celina Summer Challenge r/c boat race due to state mandates and guidelines of covid. 19. we hung hopeful thinking would be over or improved by this time. it was not to be the case. . Garry will be doing refunds, be a little patient, its a huge job. thanks for entering and we will be back next year!
here is what I received.

Hello Dan,

Thank you very much for contacting me about the RC Boat Race event that was scheduled for August 22. The Ohio Department of Health has not given the go-ahead for mass gatherings over 10, for sectors that haven’t already been approved. You can see a listing of those sectors at www.coronavirus.ohio.gov. General festivals, race events with spectators, car shows, 5K’s are some examples of events that have not been allowed. It was discussed among the staff here at the Health Department, and we don’t see a connection to an allowed sector with the event that you have described. I’m sorry to give bad news! We are seeing some outbreaks of COVID here in Mercer County right now, and the Governor has just issued a statewide mask order in response to the trends.

Let me know if you would like any more information!

Michelle Kimmel, R.S.

Director of Environmental Health
Mercer County Health District

419-586-3251 Ext. 1274 (Office)

419-584-6290 (Cell)

419-586-8728 (Fax)

mchdohio.org

Facebook Image

MCHD logo 2 (for e-mail signature)

we need a big fast forward button on 2020.

only silver lining is hopefully race turnout in 2021 picks up.

BTW Garry I did receive the refund already, thank you.

hi everyone. make sure you cancelled your rooms for the race or you might be billed. I got my room notice and cancelled it and tried to make sure they cancelled everyone's room, but we know how this always don't work.

oop, thanks for the reminder, mine was still active. Can't believe I forgot about it, that would have been an unpleasant surprise.

Back