Castle MAMBA XLX ESC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Thomas

Looking for info on programming a Castle Mamba XLX. Is there an easy way to remove reverse from the throttle position setup?

1590385393410.png

I have a couple that don't have a forward only option. I go to the end point setting on my transmitter and set reverse throw to "0". No more reverse.

What radio do you have Chris?
If you access to a computer and a Castle link you can turn off reverse.
As Bret mentioned you can also reduce your EPA on the brake side to near zero. I would still leave 5-10% to ensure the ESC sees a low enough value to arm.

I read the castle link features but was unclear of the reverse settings. I am using a Futaba 4GRS radio...

I don't want to have to adjust settings once I turn radio on again.

When you turn on ESC its looking to see throttle to high position then low position then neutral. Thats what I'm wanting to get rid of is the dead position from neutral (mid swing of the gimble) to where reverse would be... I've tried minimal movements of the stick till it recognizes neutral. But usually ends up in the middle of the travel anyways.

If you have it; put the spring back on the throttle gimbal so it sees a neutral and see if that works. That will help identify root cause.

Chris, you have the one usage case that is opposite to everyone else.
The XLX is really intended for car applications where brake and throttle are necessary.
You might be better off trying to get an aircraft version (EDGE 200) which will be more friendly with the stick radio.

I think you may also be able to reduce your backwards EPA to 0 which should eliminate the need to throttle up and back down.
Try's Mike's advice of putting the spring back in.

Does somebody have one of the edge 200s? Can somebody post a pic of the circuit board? I am wondering if I can replace the brain from another that might be burned or unusable because the power end is passed on... Or is the brain board interchangeable between models?

From my limited experience, you can swap brain boards. I am pretty sure I took the brain/control board off of a 90amp controller and put it on the power/FET board of a 200amp version.

Mike you are correct for the older versions. I converted a XLX last week for a boater and noticed the interface plug between the boards has changed. So the XLX control board cannot be swapped for an ICE or EDGE control board.

Mike you are correct for the older versions. I converted a XLX last week for a boater and noticed the interface plug between the boards has changed. So the XLX control board cannot be swapped for an ICE or EDGE control board.

Thanks for clarification Tyler

Ok so we had club race on Sunday. And some of the fellas had the castle esc Mambas. All of them had full speed control thru the channel movement. But no one had remembered how to set it up that way. the only difference - all other radios were wheel radios... could this possibly be different?

Did you put the spring back in your throttle channel? The wheel radios have a true neutral with the spring on the throttle trigger.

Back