carb smart

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparbarn

Has anybody tried this gadjet? It's a temp sensor driven mixture adjuster. It runs a servo to adj. your mixture according to head temps. Seems to have a good range of adjustments/settings to dial it to your setup. A good idea, but does anybody know if it actually works? The manual can be found here:

www.rcmodels.org/csm/carbsmart.pdf

Robin,

I know a lot of the heli guys used to use it. I'll go dig around those forums at lunch and see if I can find anything useful.

-Joey

Maybe an even better solution is to have a radio that will change the mixture in relation to the rudder servo travel. I use my radio to richen the mixture a little in the turns in this manner. Not an original idea but one that many use in this way.

I just bought a Traxxas Jato 3.3 buggy

It has senors for speed Rpm temp an a few others setting radio blue tooths to phone nice display.Im going to order other senors to run on my boats.

I would use the traxxas radio for senors only then i can adjust fuel by the reads displayed on my phone by the radio i use for running the boat

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
So after sorting through a few hundred posts, it seems the consensus among the heli guys is mostly positive. The biggest complaint seems to be mounting the sensor correctly. I have never touched that unit, so I don't really know the details of mounting it.

A few posts touch on the time delay that Marty questioned. I didn't see any hard numbers, but like any review some thought it was slow while others did not.

-Joey

The manual talks about a "gain" control adj. that narrows the temp it takes to react, thereby affect response time. Full gain will make it go from full lean to full rich in only 4°c of temp change. What that actually means in a REALTIME adj. response.......It also has presentable temp ranges, 90°c, 100°c & so on, every 10°. On paper, it seems like a useful thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe an even better solution is to have a radio that will change the mixture in relation to the rudder servo travel. I use my radio to richen the mixture a little in the turns in this manner. Not an original idea but one that many use in this way.
I had a 40 mono that sagged a little in the turns- was a wonderful fix
default_wink.png

Back