Can You guys guess?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanduzer

I was looking thru the Flying Models Mag. plans section and came across three boat plans. Can anyone guess who designed them:

Albatros

Ez-vee

polywog

They were in the Flying models mag between 1974-1975

It's hard to belive that we have someone who post here that been designing boats for 30 years

Dave Van Duzer

Thought I just read in the latest RCMB that Uncle Jerry started to build boats in 77.. I could be wrong.. If it's not Dunny, then my money is on Jack...

I know that guy who drew those plans for Flying Models. He also had articles and plans in a newspaper/magazine called "Model Boating World News" between 1969 and 1972.

JD ;)

Has to be uncle Jerry. I'm not that old, NOT

I did'nt start designing until the early 90s.

The answer

Albatros R/C Boats Dunlap, J. 39" 07/74 $9.00 Electric power boat

Ez-Vee R/C Boats Dunlap, J. .29 to .40 32" 09/74 $8.00 Wood deep vee

Polywog R/C Boats Dunlap, J. .19 02/75 $7.00 Extended bow R/C runabout

Quarter Crackerbox R/C Boats Dunlap, J. .15 24" 08/75 $7.00 Wood mono

I thought the excaliber 21 tunnel was his first

If you want to order any of these goto http://www.flying-models.com/

Dave

Re: Excaliber tunnel was his first

I started running r/c boats in 1965. Outboards really didn't become popular until about 1976 when K&B released the first K&B 3.5 OB. The original Excaliber was designed by a Boeing engineer named Dave Knowlen. Dave designed numerous limited hydros and also a few of the Circus Circus hydros. My first tunnel design was the Excaliber II - basically just a down sizing of the boat Dave designed. I have no idea how many tunnels I've designed and built - lots is a good estimate.

JD

Re: Excaliber tunnel was his first

I started running r/c boats in 1965. Outboards really didn't become popular until about 1976 when K&B released the first K&B 3.5 OB. The original Excaliber was designed by a Boeing engineer named Dave Knowlen. Dave designed numerous limited hydros and also a few of the Circus Circus hydros. My first tunnel design was the Excaliber II - basically just a down sizing of the boat Dave designed. I have no idea how many tunnels I've designed and built - lots is a good estimate.

JD
And the model boating world is better for it Dunny. ;)

I still have the Excailbur II that my Dad made for me years ago from Jerry plans. I can't make my self throw the boat away its a classic . My father and I would goto races both of us racing the excailbur II boats. If it wasn't for Jerry I would have missed out on all those Rainy, windy,snowy, and hot as heck boat race weekends. I just finished Jerry's new wof 7.5 and emailed him 5 times this summer and anwsered every question.

Latest posts

Back