Camille the French speedfreak

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No first I have seen on this. Looks like he just needs a bigger pond to run in. Do you have a link to the pictures? There are tiny.

Camille used to have a web page www.iota-rc.com but it looks like its no longer up.

TG

Last edited by a moderator:
Year ,

The sound is great. I hope Camille will find a right open water to run the boat over a long distance. Not like the German SAW with short dead end .

Chris,

i also hope that one of your great speedguys will break the record.

Simple way to get the record....get a good run right to left...then turn around and hold flat untill it beeps and not worry about boat coming back when it hits the wall, as long as you get the record it's all good and worth it
default_smile.png

BTW looks and sounds great!

Thanks also from me for the link Lionel.

Kris,

Yes it's a way . Missunderstanding happen and i do so . Jörg clears the situation of Duisburg . Thanks to him.

Salut Lionel merci pour le link...fantastique bateaux...jéspere que tout vas bien avec toi et famille ! Gilles

p.s sorry guys the french message but I know Lionel for some years and we talked few times on phone.

Salut Gill,

all is good in the familly
default_wink.png

i will send you, pictures, my new gas rigger all fiber carbone

hope to phone you

regards

lionel

Well I was in doubt to start a new twin Project but after have read carefully all the pages of the offshore fórum I've changed my heart... amazing detailed project with great prop discussion too.....thanks a lot Christian and Lionel......time to roll over sleeves! !

Gill

Hello Christian,

The comment about the German SAW group purposely placing the timing lights at the end of the lake is a little unfair. I have watched many videos of the facility and based on where the drivers stand is and where the timing can physically be placed, the location seems like the best compromise.

If you want to drive the best water where the current record is held, buy a ticket and come to Los Angeles in 2 weeks around March 21st through the 23rd. We are holding an event shortly as well as two more later in the year.

We have more passes over 100mph and 120mph probably than anywhere else in the world. We also have reasonable run up and coast down areas on either side.

Look in the events forums for the details.

TG

... The German SAW in Duisburg is hold on a rowing lake 2 or moor kilometer long . To place the messuring strip close to the end of the lake as the record holder wants that all record aspirant have to install a breaking system like they have used on there boat and wants to limit the posible power like 30 sub c cell can delifer in 2004 . Oh boy .....
Christian, this is my last and final warning to you: if you will ever post any further lies about me or the JAGs team again, you will hear from my lawyer. Is that clear?

The truth is:

1. Back in 2006 at the LA SAWs the group of racers sat down and discussed LiPo rules for 2007. We came to the conclusion we should limit us to 6s1p for 2007 to see how things turn out. Already back then this seamed to be at least equal to the power levels we used in 2006 from 32 NiMHs. Unfortunately I did post this as a gentlemens agreement on RRR early 2007, I got beaten a lot for it, but it was not my idea in the first place. And the agreement got "signed" by almost 30 racers - not just by me. But again, this 6s1p limit was ment for 2007 only.

2. The Regattabahn in Duisburg is about 2500m long, but for the SAWs we only had about 550-600m available for 2 reasons:

a. To rent the full lake costs 2500 Euros for one weekend, which the local club and orga team considered as too much for about 30-35 racer. So they made a deal with the city: if we would be limited to 1/5 of the lake (see b.), we would only need to pay 1/5 = 500 Euros. This seamed fair and feasible.

b. due to safety regulations the city of Duisburg proclaimed after the horrible disaster at the 2010 Love Parade we were limited to the area in front of the grandstand - which is fenced. So it would be controllable who enters into the pit area. In fact it was me who begged the orga team to move the mounts of the lights more to the south side, to increase the space on the short north end. But they did not want to do it. Instead the power for hydros (outriggers) was limited to 6s - according to the RC-SAW rules we had set up. 8s and 10s are allowed according to the rules, but only with reasonable space available on both ends.

Back then I was involved in writing down these rules, yes, but only as one of 6 or 7 people. For all of us safety was more important than records, especially on a lake like the Regattabahn with is used as recreation area for the locals who walk their dogs or skate along the lake on weekends. Whats a record worth if you hurt or kill someone setting it? Dont you remember the same discussion in RC-Raceboats where you needed to apologize in the end?

All of this has nothing to do with limiting other people to keep the record. I know quite some people have tried to beat it on LiPos, 6s, 8s, 10s, 10s2p. So far only Chris and Tyler came close using riggers - on 8s and 10s (small cell) setups. Anyone who tried 10s2p full power in a rigger struggled so far. Only recently Brian has come close on 10s2p in a HPR 135 cat. But anyway, I'm pretty sure the record will finally fall this summer - which is completely ok with me. I just expect get a call when it finally happens - guess thats fair after holding the RC boat record for over a decade.

So again, Christian, this is my last and final warning to you: don't post anything of your weird phantasies about me again. It would be much better if you (and me) sit down and work on boats to break records. In fact I hate to reply to this BS, as it killed an evening in the workshop for me.

Joerg

Latest posts

Back