BZM Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not an expert, but it's my understanding that reed intake only helps with low and upper mid range RPM. Not full throttle that much, where our boats spend most of their time.
I have been running both the 26cc and the 30.5cc BZM engines the past 2 years. From my experience with the BZM engines, they will turn as much or even more RPM as anything else available in those sizes. I have also run reed valve intake nitro engines. What is most noticeable about reed valve designs is the increased torque as compared to other intake designs.

Don't know what the deal is this man is willing to bring us a new motor to our racing community. You now have I believe 4 choices of high performance motors that are close to each other in performance. Pick what you want. I was close to a guy that lost water cooling to his disc & found out it was warped. I don't see this problem happening to a reed fed motor. All motors are highly expensive so break down the specs & decide which you want. You will win with any choice motor you pick. Anyway it's a hobby & winning isn't the main thing. It's running your boat for all it's worth & looking good doing it. Having fun with the friends you have made. I'm just saying I have won my share & I just want to play but still push hard the people I run with. Happy boating 2021. Oh maybe I could use my stimulus money to get me close to a fire breathing motor.

this engine has a pretty large reed unlike the zen conversions we have seen. problem is most people do the "conversion" and use the "messed up" piston port rules of operation. if u run a reed ,run it like a real 2stroke engine...meaning extra pipe,extra carb bore ,extra fuel

Any pics of Pipe offered for them?

Also - Believe I have a 28cc - is there an easy way to identify what size motor I have (a stamping etc)

20190307_114340.jpg

Any pics of Pipe offered for them?

Also - Believe I have a 28cc - is there an easy way to identify what size motor I have (a stamping etc)

View attachment 287534
There small dots punched in the aluminum head button near the spark plug. No dots is the 27cc engine. One dot is the 28.5cc engine. Two dots is for the 30.5cc engine. Three dots is for the 26cc engine.

BZM engines are available in 26cc, 27cc, 28.5cc and 30.5cc. They are available with pull start or belt start. All sizes are in my View attachment 286498View attachment 286499stock with either belt start or pull start. These engines all have a billet crankcase with both crankcase cooling and head cooling.

BZM has just begun making engines with a cast crankcase. We are testing this new crankcase design here in the USA. It is only water cooled at the head.

I will begin stocking the cast crankcase in 26cc and 30.5cc once testing is completed.

Price for any size engine, pull start or belt start is $850.00 delivered in the USA. A pipe and muffle is also available for $150.00 delivered in the USA.
Like this motor with the Cast Crankcase, What is it's weight /// What is it's peak Torque and RPM Specs /// and is this a /// US sale or oversea.

Like this motor with the Cast Crankcase, What is it's weight /// What is it's peak Torque and RPM Specs /// and is this a /// US sale or oversea.
John, every manufacture posts a torgue and horsepower rating based on what they have to say. There is no way to confirm their claims, so they can say whatever they prefer. I have visited many of these engine manufacturers and have asked them the same questions and how do they confirm their claims. They are all different and one of the major manufacturers just writes down what he thinks is best. So, I do not post peak rpm, horsepower or torque

The billet case engines are available in the USA today and I am currently negotiating a large order of the cast crankcase engines.

Two of the cast crankcase engines are in the USA right now undergoing field testing by well known model boaters. So far, the response is excellent.

Al Hobbs

John, every manufacture posts a torgue and horsepower rating based on what they have to say. There is no way to confirm their claims, so they can say whatever they prefer. I have visited many of these engine manufacturers and have asked them the same questions and how do they confirm their claims. They are all different and one of the major manufacturers just writes down what he thinks is best. So, I do not post peak rpm, horsepower or torque

The billet case engines are available in the USA today and I am currently negotiating a large order of the cast crankcase engines.

Two of the cast crankcase engines are in the USA right now undergoing field testing by well known model boaters. So far, the response is excellent.

Al Hobbs
OK, IF YOU CAN KEEP ME POSTED, would like to have the cast crankcase version complete with header and pipe as shown on BZM's site // carb // extra set of reeds.

OK, IF YOU CAN KEEP ME POSTED, would like to have the cast crankcase version complete with header and pipe as shown on BZM's site // carb // extra set of reeds.
John,

BZM tells me they are producing my engines and will fill my order in 2 weeks. I'll let you know when they arrive. You will have a choice of pull start or belt start. Also, you can choose to have the stock 644 carb, a 257 carb, or save $25.00 and order the engine with no carb. You might prefer to buy one of the custom modified carbs on the market.

Al Hobbs
Where BZM say what torque and power cause never seen thise specs in description.....and cast crankcase has no watercooling is it?

Ok thank you for information but where you can see what power torque and rpm does bzm cause i cant see it anywhere 🤔

To the guys running/racing these motors, are you all running them right out of the box or is there any work being done to them first?
I have my engine modified from Bzm netherland but they did not want to tell me what mod was done.I was told as well its better with 1" pipe.just ordered one from JB Pipes.I know Robert Ferraro from Modellsport Racing Engines on facebook do mods for bzm .I will be sending mine to him.He is very good

Have just heard back recently from BZM regarding my concerns over possible reed issue. While looking the motor over I spotted chips missing from one of the reeds. This is an unfired, unfueled motor. BZM techs assure me there should be no problem running them ("Our technicians, after carefully evaluating the frame you sent us, believe that there should be no problems with using the engine"). I will probably replace just in case. These motors are beautiful and so well put together. Surprised me it shipped out like that.

Attachments

• 20210528_035503 (2).jpg
    20210528_035503 (2).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 74
Depends on how the reed seats against the inner cage,... probably could just use an Emery board or a drum sander to dress the edge of the reed if it won't interfere with the sealing surface..

Probably better than leaving stress risers that cracks can progress from across the reed..

I've done a lot of dyno testing. We compared our inertial dyno results with Quickdraw's brake dyno results. We also compared our results to other testers results. The differences were small. I believe Quickdraw's posted data. I also believe Zenoah's data on their stock engines. After all, equipment designers rely on honest data for their designs. Talk Mike Bontoft in England with our dyno into testing a BZM engine. You will get an honest power and torque figure.

Lohring Miller

Latest posts

Back