building120 MPH Large Electric Cat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zender

looking at Arrowshark GT60E twin electric or Arrowshark GX58E twin electric. Looking for impute on hulls as far as are either of these hulls capable of high speeds (wanting to build 120MPH +) Also looking for recommendations on motors/batteries/props ect.
Thanks
Mike

Going over 100 is not as easy as it sounds. You need to talk to tyler. He will chime in soon enough. Better to talk to him on phone since you are going to drop some money to do the 120 you want. I think there is a thread already some where about a mono at 100mph.

I don't know much about that Arrowshark RTR setup. Arrrowshark does make some decent hardware but I have never seen their hulls. What I can definitely tell you is cat hulls take a beating when they crash at those speeds and need to be heavily reinforced. Even they they often crack, split and sink. It is a good size at 60" and comes with fairly big 56mm motors, but you will need to put a lot of cells in there to hit 120mph. at least 10S or 12S.

The million dollar question is do you plan on running this at a NAMBA or IMPBA event or just for fun? NAMBA or IMPBA will not cover your liability over 10S and 25lbs I believe so be careful.

Latest posts

Back