Brought the Hornet Back to it's former glory!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

Thought I was done with this hull back in 2019 when I tried to sell it. Wasn't looking for another project.

Well, nobody "bit", so it was sitting on the shelf and I decided to take the time to restore her right, and perform an FE conversion.

After "de-nitroizing" here, did the full treatment. Spend a lot of time perfecting the banged up hull, and I have to say she's better and stronger than when new!

Set her up to run on 4S with a big prop (P-OPC), or 6S for Open-OPC Time-Trials.

Haven't gotten her wet yet but she's ready to go. Just add prop and water. Just need to find the time to go to the lake.

Still trying to decide if I'm still going to keep it. Just don't have the time/energy/opportunity to use something like this in our area.

Attachments

• Hornet_001.jpg
    Hornet_001.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Hornet_002.jpg
    Hornet_002.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Hornet_003.jpg
    Hornet_003.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Hornet_004.jpg
    Hornet_004.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Hornet_005.jpg
    Hornet_005.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Hornet_006.jpg
    Hornet_006.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Hornet_010.jpg
    Hornet_010.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Hornet_011.jpg
    Hornet_011.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Hornet_012.jpg
    Hornet_012.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Hornet_013.jpg
    Hornet_013.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
I did a similar reserection to an old XT-460. I had to shorten the sponson tips about 1/2" to meet the maximum P length limit. I'm running a 3.5 size lower with a TenShock motor. That's a lot lighter than the 7.5 unit but probably has more power than a mod 7.5 nitro. I'm still working on the setup, but it pulled 300 amp peaks during the first test runs.

Lohring Miller

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPGP1010004.JPG

Thought I was done with this hull back in 2019 when I tried to sell it. Wasn't looking for another project.

Well, nobody "bit", so it was sitting on the shelf and I decided to take the time to restore her right, and perform an FE conversion.

After "de-nitroizing" here, did the full treatment. Spend a lot of time perfecting the banged up hull, and I have to say she's better and stronger than when new!

Set her up to run on 4S with a big prop (P-OPC), or 6S for Open-OPC Time-Trials.

Haven't gotten her wet yet but she's ready to go. Just add prop and water. Just need to find the time to go to the lake.

Still trying to decide if I'm still going to keep it. Just don't have the time/energy/opportunity to use something like this in our area.
Darin,
You always do such great work on all your projects. The old girl looks really good. I saved off all the pictures you posted into my collection of boat pictures. Hopefully we can see some action videos of it soon. Call sometime and let's catch up.
- Carl

Back