Break in a mod motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are all ball and roller and require very little breaking in. As long as it is running properly and getting on pipe like it should do a few laps and bring it in and look it over to be sure getting it's getting water cooled properly as well as paying attention to water discharge during those first couple laps. Then get some heat in it and run 1/2 to 3/4 throttle for a bag then next bag drive it how you normally would.

before running would check for any blemish, sharp edge etc. Not knowing who did the mods, might be needed to be sure and check for any 'dirt'

I have some break in fuel that I run on the bench. I cycle water thru the jacket and turn it on and off. Doing a heat soak up to 150 and then cool it off. I do this every couple of minutes for one fuel bags worth. Then I go to lake and take it easy on first run running normal fuel. THen let er rip.

Thank you where's that available at I won't bother you until the next question I have thank you again

We always broke in our Zenoahs and Quickdraws by running them hard in short bursts on the dyno. We actually saw the power increase that resulted after an afternoon of runs. The only break in problem we has was with the 35 cc CMB. Nothing helped the AAC version survive.
87 Octane Tests.JPG
Lohring Miller

The only break in problem we has was with the 35 cc CMB. Nothing helped the AAC version survive
interesting. I assume the CMB 27.0cc Alpha EVO would not have this issue, being ABC configuration?

What oil ratio are folks using for break-in? oz/per gallon?

What oil ratio are folks using for regular running/racing? oz/per gallon?

Back