Brandon Model Boater D3 High Points Race 7

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mic,I totally agree with you about the fact that the Nats are not distributed in any way that has any concerns for the time or costs involved to attend! And yes I will be at the nats in seaside, that being said, I totally disagreed with the nats being held on the west coast two years in a row! My comment about the rules has to do with a situation were the President/District Director has said “Rules are Rules” and must be followed without exception!

Mic,I am sure you are aware that the Nationals will be held in Huntsville Alabama a Next year. Close enough for you guys to attend without breaking the bank. I am planning to be there for the whole event,would be great to have a few beer’s and tell a few lies about how fast our boat’s were at the last race! Lol

I guess Huntsville is reasonable. I have been there for time trials and it is 700-900 miles for most of our membership. I wish a Florida club would step for a Nationals but some consideration for the time of year needs to be addressed. Summer here is miserable to be outside all day. Nov-March we have the best weather, and we are a vacation destination for wives and family.
Mic

As for the existing race for the FE members if the Brandon Club would change P/L Tunnel to Q/L tunnel as there are few P's but many Q's locally, then add P/L Hydro which most of those guys have entries would go up immediately. Right now all I want to enter is Q Mono and one boat not worth a 150 mile drive and hotel for even a night makes a $300 + fees. If that boat breaks after one or two rounds I am done and not worth time and trouble. I don't need to run 8 boats but 3 would be nice. I know a lot of the FE guys feel similar.
Mic

Tom,
I agree that the attendance for the Nats has not been affected by this. My point is that the NAMBA president has said that “RULES ARE RULES NO EXCEPTIONS “.

Tom,
I agree that the attendance for the Nats has not been affected by this. My point is that the NAMBA president has said that “RULES ARE RULES NO EXCEPTIONS “.
Rule book also states that exceptions may be granted by the board of directors.
Maybe an exemption was granted
So I don't see what the B.F.D. is?

Rick, if the board of directors granted the exception then it’s no B.F.D. But if they didn’t then it is a B.F.D. because a race has been taken away from a club for not starting on time according to the NAMBA PRESIDENT who has stated that “RULES ARE RULES” NO EXCEPTIONS

Dons NAMBA PIZZIN match now has had its 15 minutes of fame. Were ok with Don on to getting everyone lined up for the race. If the powers in D-3 want not to ruffle feathers then the Brandon Club and its membership are all both IMPBA and NAMBA so this could become an IMPBA event.
Mic

Dons NAMBA PIZZIN match now has had its 15 minutes of fame. Were ok with Don on to getting everyone lined up for the race. If the powers in D-3 want not to ruffle feathers then the Brandon Club and its membership are all both IMPBA and NAMBA so this could become an IMPBA event.
Mic
Hey Mic, I was going to say something about a possible power struggle or thorn in one's arse about another individual.
Didn't want to go down the IMPBA-NAMBA road either
figured I'd let the "sleeping dawg" lie.
Till you opened the door for me.

Greg,
I really hope that your race will be a great success . Here in district 19 we had a race taken away from a club because of a rule infraction of starting late, yet finished the race early! This was the first race of 2 that were back to back. There has been some issues with inconsistencies in the application of the rules here in 19! The rule pertaining to the nats is there just to make sure that the attendance will be as much as possible!
I see your point of view and I tend to agree with you. I am just trying to see if the rules are going to be followed to the same degree as were done here! I really wasn’t trying to cause a problem with your race and I hope that it will be a great success! Don

Greg,
I really hope that your race will be a great success . Here in district 19 we had a race taken away from a club because of a rule infraction of starting late, yet finished the race early! This was the first race of 2 that were back to back. There has been some issues with inconsistencies in the application of the rules here in 19! The rule pertaining to the nats is there just to make sure that the attendance will be as much as possible!
I see your point of view and I tend to agree with you. I am just trying to see if the rules are going to be followed to the same degree as were done here! I really wasn’t trying to cause a problem with your race and I hope that it will be a great success! Don
Could you point me to where in the rule book it states a race is supposed to start at a given time?

Honestly I didn’t know that rule existed until this took place here in district 19.
It is a district 19 rule only as far as I know!

If anyone tried to penalize anyone in this district for not starting on time I would be the first to call BS on that and more ! The clubs work really hard to get the programs going morning of the race and keep pushing hard all day to accommodate the entire program
Seems some must think there are armies of people out there that run these things !! Be thankful for what we have and the hard working people who put the races on .Man , someone always has to ***** about something .

Let's go Nitro guys ! Need B Monos., D Monos , E Monos , F Monos F Hydros !!! Drag them out Larry Beals , Bill GibsonBob Borkman etc etc

Last edited:
Back