Brandon Florida FE race 11-24-2019

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd THAT! Thank you Mic and Brandon guys for putting on a GREAT race!! I got thru my first electric race, and im HOOKED! Had an AWESOME time racing my UL19 and making new friends as well as seeing old friends from the nitro days......im glad I didn't sell my nitro stuff....GOD! Here we go again!:rolleyes::D:D:)! Hey FE guys.......lets make a Psport Hydro class!!! I just cant keep up with them riggers! Im building one, but I like model race boats that look like REAL race boats too !!!

Another shout out to says thanks to Mic and all the great guys in the Brandon club for hosting a great race!

Scores are up on https://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/raceresults.pl?action=show_race&club=Brandon Model Boaters&event=flfewt Go to race results then Brandon Model Boaters
We ran a 4th heat for the top 6 scores in the 3 larger classes with split heats so you had a shot with someone you may not have faced in a random heat scramble. P/limited mono and cat stayed the same and #1 and 2 swapped in "P" cat/mono
Great weather and the Brandon nitro crew set up the site and tore it down for us and helped on the judges stand. Jeff Maturo did color commentary all day and sacrificed not running a boat for himself. Randy Primo made the CD calls and Bill Britton did the scoring. (had them up on RCracingevents real time so racers could check scores in the pits on a cell phone.
Mic

Hi guys just want to say all you Electric guys did a great job racing,some races where really close and fun to watch.
Thanks for helping with the tables.
Hope to see you next year.
The retrieve boat guy
Greg

I had a great time!
Thanks Mic and everybody else for the warm welcome. It was nice to see some familiar faces!
Really a good bunch of guys and some great racing!

Racers just a ceouple FYI's. Be sure to thank Greg Rowe who has unselfishly run the retrieve boat all day for FE races. This has made it possible to run the extra heats as he is out picking up boats and replacing "Bouys" without having to ask anyone.
Next the highlight of my day was getting to hang a third place medal on Cameron Westbrooks neck. His dad said for his first race he was going to start last and follow the pack. That didn't last long and he started passing boats for a first heat second place. If a bouy didn't jump out and swallow him up he would have taken the second place medal. A good day for any new racer. What stands out is Cameron is just 6 years old. He better start wearing his swim trunks at the awards presentations as he's gonna be a "water baby" before long
Mic

Thank you Greg. You spent plenty of time in that retrieve boat

I had a one of those days racing where nothing went right but I can tell you it didn’t even phase me getting to watch my son have fun and run so well at his first race

Latest posts

Back