• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brand new K90 for sale. - SOLD.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Keeley

Supporting Member
Got this from Mark Bullard to measure up - no wonder they were stump pullers!

Motor is completely untouched except for a nicely done set of piston cooling/oil holes in the sleeve. The drum valve runs on ball bearings which is interesting.

I'll include my timing numbers sheet with it.

I'd like what I payed for it, US$500 plus shipping.

Listed elsewhere, first to pay is first to play...

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Yup, I'd run that much at least for the first 4 gals. or so. Guys used to run them on 25% but they'll handle 60+.

I stuck a note in with the timing specs, I think if you try what I suggest you'll have an even stronger piece...

Awesome!
thanks Terry ,, any information or suggestions you have on it will be great ! If you have any pipe suggestions, don't hesitate to throw out some info.

Thanks again,
Frank

Do not run stock carb supply tube can brake off and wipe out the engin

Larry, are you talking about the spray bar inside the carb breaking off ? If so, I will probably find someone to build an anular ring type carb kinda like the CB carbs I used to run.
I suspect it's going to have to be a big one !

I've been running Kalistratov engines for more than 20 years. Beautifully made and hard runners. I imported them for about 10 years until he died. The piston in that picture is 30% silicon and will not wear out in our lifetimes. However, it is brittle and if you carve on it you could ruin it.

Kalistratov told me that he made the engines to run on 10% nitro content fuel. When I told him that in the USA we will run much higher nitro content, he did adjust his design so it was good with higher nitro. I run 50% nitro and 20% Klotz Supertechniplate oil fuel.

When you need bearings, the big bearing is an unusual size. I have them and the other bearings in stock.

I have run stock carbs with no spray bar problems at all for more than 20 years. This is the first time that I heard that anyone had spray bar problems and I sold several hundred Kalistratov engines.

They are great engines. I did the sleeve porting on this motor for the guy I got them from. I am not sure but they may have been sent to me first by Al and I prep the sleeve and sent them on to where they were going. These motors had such a small tapper on the sleeve that they would stick when trying to break them in. So I came up with that idea to cool the piston on the exhaust side. When the piston goes down for a intake charge cool fuel is pushed up the outside of the sleeve and onto the exhaust side of the piston at the top of it. I always ran 50% to 60% with 22% Klotz oil and still do.
I do have three more of these motors that are new and for sell from the same guy. They have been on his shelve for many years. Same price of $500.00 and I will ship anywhere in the states.

I am running the same K90 that I used at the 2002 NAVIGA Championships in Poland. Same piston/sleeve, same crankshaft, same conrod.
Kalistratov made each engine himself, by himself. He could only make about 300 engines per year. Still the best 90 nitro engine.

Thinking now I shudda kept it, lol.

I never had problems with the spray bar either but I didn't run them very much. Andy mentioned adding an 0.030" liner shim, makes sense as this motor only has 120* transfer/boost timing (184* exhaust).

Not sure if he changed the head or if it was his attempt at making a high nitro version but this one was huge at 1.125 cc, only 7.4 : 1 C/R. VAC91 is 0.83 cc stock.

Forgot he made bar stock pistons, didn't know it was the "good stuff"!

Nice work on the sleeve Mark, I'm just trying that myself.

full

full

Last edited:
I'm debating on whether to run this in my .90 Husselcraft mono or my .90 Cajun bullet.

With the exhaust timing at 184, I'm thinking it would probably do better in the mono ?
Thoughts ?

Adding a .030 shim, raising the timing, it sounds more like Hydro timing...

I ran them for years and officially ran 113 mph with a twin in 2009 at Huntsville on 50% nitro. Boat was radared 118 at the end of the straights. I was fighting the boat and had a lot of issues that kept me from setting a record that weekend. Every stock engine I measured was 180 ex, 120 boost/transfers. 1cc head 7.7 :1 cr. A .030” shim makes the exhaust 190 with 130 boost and transfers. Make you a bigger spraybar for the carb, not for breaking but for I.D. size. It will help with going lean on the top end. If you only run a .085-.095” spray bar then run a stinger size of .430-.450 . Jeff Lutz

Latest posts

Back