Bob's GSX 310 from ML

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad,

Looks wonderful. Well worth the wait! I hope I can fit a battery in. Might have to get a different ESC. I hope not. Please send me the tracking numbers when you get them.

Regards,

Bob

Sorry about the # Mike, it was late. Tried to change the G but it won't let me do it. It turned out really good! Should be lots of room for batteries when you get the bubble packing off the esc Bob. Mike the reason for the hole in the tub is to access the front motor mount bolts as the mount is not removable and Bob will machine some fancy plugs to stop the water. It was a great build as usual from ML.

Brad

I think I'll make s couple of nice CF teardrops and screw them on with some stainless button heads.I can't believe I overlooked that. DUH!

Bob

I can still cut an o-ring groove on the tear drop, it might get kind of thick though. I'll see when I get the boat here. Got all winter. Water is very hard here now. Even the river is frozen solid.

Bob

Hey Bob did you get her in the water last year?? If so how did she run? Any pic's or video? I did build 2  electric hydros the KEP's P Limited and the P Open I will have to get them in the water this year. Not a lot of room for batteries or ESC, could of been a 1/2" wider for more room.

Brad

I have a 180 Sea King for the P Limited Aqua Craft 1800 KV and on the open a Leppard 40 X 74 2000 KV with 200 amp ZTW ABC 1916-17-45 2 blade by Snowman

Brad

Last edited:
Bob Zola didn't have a lot of luck running this in limited. I'm going to try a Scorpion 3445-2200KV motor. It's 36mm x 82mm. Mine is built but not tested. It seems a bit heavy.

Hmm, maybe I should do a light weight version for P limited. I am sure I can shave off a good bit of the framing weight if need be! Mike

I don't know if the weight comment was towards your boat Mike or the KEP"s but I don't know where there could be any weight saving in either boat. Batteries are the heaviest item in the boats. You make yours with built up sponsons and can't get much lighter than that unless it was all composite. $$$$

Brad

I built Mikes boat a bit heavy. Not that I wanted to, just kinda ended up that way. I used too much epoxy inside and that's my fault. I don't know how Bob built his.

Oh, it can be lighter, but long lasting strength can be a negative byproduct of that. I tend to overdo framing, but I guess I have never considered my hull kits as disposable hulls. I want people to enjoy them for a good long time. Well, unless they get side swiped by another boat, lol.

Latest posts

Back