Bng replacement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with using heat , it's a lot easier on the fit then not using it . After hundreds and hundreds of bearing in engines of all sizes you get a feel for how hot to get the case . I will say that the Novarossi .21 is a little more challenging due to the size of the parts . I have an air hose at the20220414_084830.jpg20220414_084844.jpg ready to cool down the assembly immediately after installation . I grab the case with two small strips of aluminum on the mounting lugs and use vise grips to hold it . this coupled with a leather glove allows easy rotation of the case for heating . Load the main bearing on the crank , drop it in the case the place it over the 1" wood dowel I have in the vise and load small bearing , flywheel cone and flywheel and nut . tighten quickly a bit and cool the case with the waiting air hose . Move quickly for success !

Installation tool.
I can literally remove and R&R all nova crankcase bearings in a few minutes with no heat.

Attachments

• A580F499-75E9-4457-8926-99697835EA45.png
    A580F499-75E9-4457-8926-99697835EA45.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Maybe a little Nova but not a VAC 91 IMHO . I want that tool !
any size nova.
Of course the tool has to match the engine. And it would have been well worth it since you have run them so long.
Heating is just fine as you have proven. I still heat em to do gas engines and RS style engines. As I don’t have a tool.
But if you have the tool it sure is nice.

any size nova.
Of course the tool has to match the engine. And it would have been well worth it since you have run them so long.
Heating is just fine as you have proven. I still heat em to do gas engines and RS style engines. As I don’t have a tool.
But if you have the tool it sure is nice.
One other thing be sure that no burned metal ends up underneath bearing. Warm case and using the crank or installation tool insert bng. STRAIT if it gets cooked start over

Back