Blazer Marine Slingshot Build!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: TODAY WAS THE DAY
With help from Brian Blazer, Troy and TJ Hammons, we launched this monster for the first time today and got her broken in. I'm beyond thrilled with the performance on the first 2 tanks, will spend some time playing with props but the set up feels fantastic!!
Thanks again to everyone who helped or offered words of advice and encouragement. I'm incredibly proud of this thing as my first start to finish bost build.
20210411_151908.jpg
20210411_153333.jpg
FB_IMG_1618181432114.jpg
FB_IMG_1618181449189.jpg
FB_IMG_1618181434942.jpg
Big Thank you to Brian Blazer for taking on the cameraman role for these killer photos!

Last edited:
bet your heart was beating really fast....good job man!! oh...i see someone got a drive if you took those pics....;)

Last edited:
bet your heart was beating really fast....good job man!! oh...i see someone got a drive if you took those pics....;)

No, this was all me driving!
Every now and then my club buddies will take photos of me driving with my camera. I set the camera up with all of settings I'd use to shoot a boat of a particular speed and color, hand the camera over and tell them to fire at will.
I dig back into the images for light editing and adjustments later on.

Last edited:
Outstanding job Mario, I've followed you through this build and I'm building an Envy rigger right now. I'm not at your skill level but sure trying. Thanks for taking the time to post all your work.

Outstanding job Mario, I've followed you through this build and I'm building an Envy rigger right now. I'm not at your skill level but sure trying. Thanks for taking the time to post all your work.

I'm just a beginner! This was my very first attempt at a boat build so I'm certain anyone can do it if they:
1. Set realistic goals. Give yourself a year or more, don't hold yourself to a deadline
2. Take your time
3. Invest in your project. Buy/rent/borrow whatever tools you need to do the job correctly.
4. Follow the instructions very closely.
5. And most importantly (I seen another boater suggest this in another thread) STAY THE COURSE. keep your end goal in sight and don't stop until you've seen it through, no matter what setbacks arise

UPDATE: took the boat out for a second run day yesterday. With a series of 3 gradually deeper pitched props and the help of Stu Barr's radar gun, we clocked the boat at
75mph
77mph
and finally 79mph! thought the day!
I'm beyond thrilled with how awesome this boat is to drive, so effortless at lower speeds. However, I have to admit the boat is now as terrifying as I thought it'd be that close to 80 and I frequently had to back off after every couple of laps so my nerves and reflexes could catch up! I'll get used to it eventually but I'm enjoying being just a little scared of it!
FB_IMG_1618707485536.jpg
Thanks again to Mark Scott for this image, Brian Blazer, Stu Barr, Troy & TJ Hammons for their continued support!

Last edited:
One image from about 300+ that were taken during a single run. Took enough time to go thru them all since you posted at 03:00 am! Glad to take shots of your boats since you take them for us....

Hi:
UPDATE: took the boat out for a second run day yesterday. With a series of 3 gradually deeper pitched props and the help of Stu Barr's radar gun, we clocked the boat at
75mph
77mph
I'm beyond thrilled with how awesome this boat is to drive, so effortless at lower speeds. However, I have to admit the boat is now as terrifying as I thought it'd be that close to 80 and I frequently had to back off after every couple of laps so my nerves and reflexes could catch up! I'll get used to it eventually but I'm enjoying being just a little scared of it!
Thanks again to Mark Scott for this image, Brian Blazer, Stu Barr, Troy & TJ Hammons for their continued support!

I believe that it is essential to make a video of the navigation of this marvel!

75mph
77mph
View attachment 290436
Look forward to seeing it run first hand Mario. I’m diligently working on the Backlash trying to get it finished. Right now I’m taping for trim paint. I primered the cowl and there were a couple of holes but otherwise it was nice and smooth. I used some bondo and filled those and re-primered yesterday after I thought the rain was done. Then I look out and there are water droplets all over it and a section wrinkled toward the back. So annoying! Anyway, painting sucks when you have to do it outside. So sand again and hopefully I can get a coat of primer on today and a couple coats of color.

75mph
77mph
View attachment 290436
What props are you testing on the boat?

Good to hear Mario. Looks like she’s hauling.
I assume that throttle cable is working well? I have a bit of a concern with the coupler that goes to the carb and the TINY set screws. I feel like they might strip out easily. Have you had any issues in that dept? Do they cinch down pretty tight?

Back