Blazer Marine Slingshot Build!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't been working on the boat much over the last few days.
But this showed up today so it's time to get back to it!
20200323_162745.jpg

The kit includes a solid piece of foam and a template that acts as a guide. Spray paint template over your foam for exact shapes for sponson cavities, then simply cut along lines with a bandsaw

hey Mario the build looks great!! I've built a few of these boat over the last few years and if you want them to last a little longer i'd suggest you consider a few things i've found.
this boat is fast and with the power you need to consider limiting hull flex... one way you can easily do this is to put triangle stock in the motor compartment(before you put the brace for the stuffing box and in radio box compartment.
make sure you clamp down the hull to make sure its nice and straight
next those little aluminum inserts that you secure the booms to. they can be pulled out or strippedyou should consider fiberglassing them in over the top of the little block.
3. mounting the pipe to the radio box need a good doubler and its a potential leak point keep that in mind. and also if you water lines are too high on the pipe bracket side it can interfere with the way you mount the bracket. Enjoy

Thanks for the tips!
Still have a way to go before reinforcing the engine bay but, yes, wasn't going to do the top skin without a decent amount of corner reinforcing in that section.
We have about 6 slingshots in our Cincinnati club so I've been taking a lot of notes!

Current events have slowed progress on this project, as I don't have access to my usual tool rental at a local maker space.
But I managed to start laying in the angle reinforcement this morning and kept pressing on with epoxy sealing.
20200330_093223.jpg

Thanks, John. I'll be getting with you for another tank for one of my nitro boats some time soon.
This hull may need a bag, as there is an X- brace over the entire fuel section.

With foams finished in both sponsons, I reinforced the thinner section of the right sponson. These are ready for their tubes!
20200223_093529.jpg
20200330_232530.jpg

Turning my attention to rear skis, decided to try my hand at this two-part foam filler.
20200330_184745.jpg
20200331_152513.jpg
Not bad!

Back