Blazer Marine Slingshot Build!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The motor with the selfmade mounts is alligned. The mounts are rough cut until now. Now i can shape the mounts. The left side is done. The ignition coil gets her place too.Slingshot_motor_mount_1.jpg

This is a such a super example of a quality build with a quality kit and components. Your craftsmanship is excellent.

Is the motor mounts made up of T-bar stock? How thick is the stock?

I'm really enjoying your build keep up the fine work.

Lee

This is a such a super example of a quality build with a quality kit and components. Your craftsmanship is excellent.

Is the motor mounts made up of T-bar stock? How thick is the stock?

I'm really enjoying your build keep up the fine work.

Lee
Most of the building here is mine thus far, so Thank you so much!
As for the mounts, I think that's Rene taking charge of my build progress thread!

Thanks for that info Rene. Something I think could make on my small missing machine. I have a DRO installed and it makes things much nicer if you need two of a kind!!

Lee

Mario,

Nice build going on. Have you thought about a propeller yet?
2819’s seem to be popular on that set up.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Thanks, Mark!
I haven't given much thought to props as yet. I figured I have such a long way to go, it might be next spring before I start to consider options for it.
I'll message you here in a bit for your pricing on that 2819 though.
Thanks again!

Haven't put much work into the boat in a while. But I do need to get back in it if I'm to finish before next spring.
Today, sealing all sections
20200510_155704.jpg
20200510_155737.jpg
20200510_155726.jpg

Clamped sponson frames straight, time to epoxy foams into place.
20200510_175331.jpg
20200510_185008.jpg
Not many issues here.
I must not have lined up one frame correctly as it suffered a very small split while clamping onto my aluminum rail. Nothing a good fillet can't fix!
20200510_185531.jpg

Making good progress...i second the double sided tape for the rear and u will probably move them when u start testing. you should consider a second set of front booms and sponsons now while you are build....anything could happen when racing and i always say its better to build while you're in your building season than to build when its racing season.

Thanks for the heads up on the rear shoes, boys. I'd spoken to the Blazers about rear angle when I initially received the kit, so I have a long way to go before they're set in place.
As for racing, I'm not sure if I'll ever race any of my boats, especially this one! I just like to build and drive!

Started getting the first skin on a sponson tonight! This was a bit stressful as it's my first time and this is such an aggressive bend
20200513_155420.jpg
20200513_163738.jpg
Skin seems perfectly flat on all the stringers and interior surfaces so far. We'll see what we got tomorrow! 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Back