Blazer Marine Slingshot Build!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont forget to seal the baitbox lid where you drilled the hole.
Listen to Mike! whenever you drill a hole in wood it MUST be sealed again or you WILL get an ugly water stain stripe under your clear job. No big deal to shoot the lid when I do my next boat.Then you can have clear over the decal.
I tried to seal wood a couple times with CA after the drill job and water did eventually stain around it after a few seasons. better to use clear again or your epoxy to reseal the wood.YOUR BOAT IS LOOKING GREAT!!
PS "took it with him everywhere" wasnt meant in a bad way, just need to make people aware how clean you need to keep your boat durring the finishing process. "tell people hands off till its done"Heck-Im the one who always has nitro or oil or spraywax on my hands,It could have been me who did it to you. LMAO SEE YOU SOON

My thinking behind keeping the plastic arm was maintaining at least one weak point that I'm ok with sacrificing in the event of a crash.
The servo is mounted to a hard 2mm carbon sheet, the 1/8 stainless rod is mechanically mounted to another hard point at the tiller arm, so no flex there. I feel as though a good whack into an unseen branch or buoy with the rudder could cause carnage somewhere between the rudder and the radio box floor without a part designed to break loose on impact (if the shear screw doesn't)

Last edited:
Mario,

What I don't like (as if it's my decision :rolleyes: :cool: ) is the "point-of-entry" offset of the pushrod relative to the end of the servo axle.

I would seriously consider this as an option...

Dubro Pushrod Clevis

Drill it to 1/8" and run a 6-32 form tap into it. Then run a 6-32 die over the end of your pushrod. Absolutely bulletproof, and allows you to keep the plastic servo horn.

I'd also suggest moving the clevis to the hole nearest the servo axle as possible, drilling a new hole if necessary. You won't need nearly as much rudder throw as you might think. If the turn fin is doing it's job, 5-7 degrees is about all you'll need.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Last edited:
Definitely, Brian! I'm anxious to show it to you guys in person!

New parts from Zipp today: these fuel bags are the perfect fit for the forward section.

20210209_004435.jpg

Picked up the on/off switch I wanted today and wrapped up the radio box. So much room for stuff in here!

20210211_164510.jpg
Sealed up nicely front and rear
20210211_163355.jpg
20210211_163548.jpg

Last edited:
We'll find out real soon, Rich!
I got the idea from Jerry Childers in the club, he has one in his thunderboat and it works great.
Mine is all set up and ready to rock. Just anxious to get this thing in the water already!
I also have bell crank parts on standby.

Latest posts

Back