Blazer Marine Slingshot Build!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a test fit of my pipe mount geometry and I'm very pleased with how this turned out! Everything lines up great.
(Off to the hardware store for larger bolts and aluminum spacer!)
20201217_084708.jpg

make sure to leave something if you need to shorten the pipe....you dont want the stinger falling out the holder.
On it! I'm making another carbon mount with the top bolt moved further to one side. This will allow for lengthening or shortening, depending on which direction I flip it.

^^ Nope, no paint on the hull!
I've been super careful to preserve the wood grain as I pieced it together. The Cincinnati Model Boat Club boys have some beautiful bare wood boats, those are what made me want one of these boats so badly.
The cowl and sponsons will get a splash of color
IMG_20201218_120343.jpg
Top: Joe Peters
Bottom: Mike Lipschutz

^^ Nope, no paint on the hull!
I've been super careful to preserve the wood grain as I pieced it together. The Cincinnati Model Boat Club boys have some beautiful bare wood boats, those are what made me want one of these boats so badly.
The cowl and sponsons will get a splash of color
View attachment 286350
Top: Joe Peters
Bottom: Mike Lipschutz
Mario,

Go back and look at the two pics I posted of my Crapshooter 45. There is some masking required, but it's a nice balance of (mostly) bare wood and visible color. I even left the wood of the base of the cowl natural.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Haven't posted an update for a bit but I assure you I'm still working diligently to knock this thing out!
The last week has been mostly occupied by pinhole filling and sanding. This cowl is finally ready for real this time!
20201222_130122.jpg

Oh trust me, Ray. Thats one of the first lessons I learned about boat building! I've recovered a boat or two for my club buddies that were missing cowls.
(RIP, Jerry's ENVY cowl at the bottom of the lake)

Thank ya, Mike. Trying to make her as pretty as yours, that's the end goal.
Hope you're doing well, man! All the best

Did a test fit of my pipe mount geometry and I'm very pleased with how this turned out! Everything lines up great.
(Off to the hardware store for larger bolts and aluminum spacer!)
View attachment 286321
Instead a solid spacer you might want check out a rubber type isolator used on some nitro engine mounts it will allow some flex of the exhaust system.

Update!
Still chipping away at this thing. Closing in on one year since this kit came home, still hoping to have it knocked out by this spring.
The last week has been spent working and reworking the cowl's pinholes.
Sand, prime, fill, repeat
Sand, prime, fill, repeat
Sand, pri... you get the idea
20210105_092131.jpg

Last edited:
Just about time to leave these with the man with the magic paint gun.
View attachment 286834
I remember Joe being amazing with paint and also with hardware polishing. His boats always have a flawless clear coat and you need sunglasses to look at his hardware. The Rigger is looking very professionally done man!

Rich

Latest posts

Back