Blazer Lauterbach Build Thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Kewl Rich, I knew it would be Art.
I am finally moving a bit better and cleaned up in the boat room as I wanted to but that's all the back gods would let me do... lol
Have a buddy who wants to shoot my next Build so I cant wait till I see how mine turns out.
Will be looking forward to seeing how yours looks for sure...
As always you are great motivation.
CM
Thanks Chuck I will be posting pics as soon as she comes back. Back problems suck! I have had my share of them in the past, mostly with my lower back. I hope it eases up soon!

Bet is feels really good to see it almost Finished. It is "High End" Rich, glad I found the build. Are you going to show the base line measurements on your turn fin, rudder and strut when you put it back to gather? hint hint lol
I ask because I have the same Turn fin and hardware as well and it would be super helpful
Its been a pleasure as always.
IF I may ask, Whats next on your build plans.....

Yeah it feels good to wrap this up. It has taken longer than anticipated by a couple months at least. There have been some life obstacles but also, once you get into the hatches and the fine details, and then the prep and paint, things really slow down. Yes I will get you some measurements when I get a chance. And up next, I started a Slingshot Rigger a couple months back or more, and I need to get on that one. BUT, I also have two Nitro boats (1/8 Scale and Sport 40) that I need to get going on. Those are fiberglass hulls at different levels of completion.

Are you planning on doing a build thread as well on the sport 40?

I've recently acquired a few .45 motors and have been swaying back and forth between a sport 40 or a JAE rigger..

I've never owned any 40 motors and I've never owned any type of hydroplane designs other than plain ol' riggers... lots of riggers!!

Would love to follow along with your build on the Sport 40..

Are you planning on doing a build thread as well on the sport 40?

I've recently acquired a few .45 motors and have been swaying back and forth between a sport 40 or a JAE rigger..

I've never owned any 40 motors and I've never owned any type of hydroplane designs other than plain ol' riggers... lots of riggers!!

Would love to follow along with your build on the Sport 40..
I could. It’s a fiberglass Phil Thomas Stealth Hull. So there’s no build on the hull part per se but I could have a thread on the fitting/rigging of everything.

Got all the hardware and other pieces added back to the cowls. I cleaned up the windshield brackets and the lifting brackets with a file and then used my set of abrasive rubber erasers to polish them up to 8000. They aren’t like mirrors or anything but they’ll do. Due to the size it was tough to really get into them. It pretty well looks like a finished boat except I haven’t put the running hardware, motor, or radio on yet.
63958F48-08EC-412B-AFE4-062E883418F4.jpegAB5B9AA3-7CAF-4C2B-8D5A-EDA0FFA72627.jpeg602FC678-69EA-4378-8CCF-3567E70B7237.jpegA2991BB7-F849-4298-8FD1-4A5AFD2365BD.jpegBC2B3FFE-815A-49BC-A7C5-9F07387A0FEA.jpeg60AF2BB2-F918-4C5B-BEB5-483C268BC332.jpeg

Very nice work Rich...I was starting to wonder if you were going to race that. Boat looks real good, great job!
Thanks Leighton!! It has been a journey. Racing is doubtful with this one but it will be run. Getting everything buttoned up today and it’s going out tomorrow. I even gave the cowls a float test in the tub. That would be tragic to lose one of those after all the work.

Are you going to be able to video the H2o testing?
It has been a great build and a lap on the pond would be the Silver lining for your Cloud. Lots of of Positive vibes for your awesome build. will post new cowling work tomorrow.
C

Are you going to be able to video the H2o testing?
It has been a great build and a lap on the pond would be the Silver lining for your Cloud. Lots of of Positive vibes for your awesome build. will post new cowling work tomorrow.
C
The “Boss” is going with me, so there will be some video. I’ll post what I can tomorrow night or Monday. Thanks for the positive vibes Chuck!

Got all the hardware and other pieces added back to the cowls. I cleaned up the windshield brackets and the lifting brackets with a file and then used my set of abrasive rubber erasers to polish them up to 8000. They aren’t like mirrors or anything but they’ll do. Due to the size it was tough to really get into them. It pretty well looks like a finished boat except I haven’t put the running hardware, motor, or radio on yet.
View attachment 307579View attachment 307580View attachment 307581View attachment 307582View attachment 307583View attachment 307584
unreal. so impressed brother.. love it

View attachment IMG_8837.MOV
Ok, so the first day out with a new boat can be challenging at times. I have to say I have had much worse days at the lake. I will say that I was careful. I was on and off the throttle getting a feel for the boat and staying off the buoys. But the boat launched the first time and every time thereafter and it really handles like a dream. The cornering is exceptional and it was just a pleasure to drive. Yes, there are props to try and strut heights and angles to try. I may also try a dual pickup rudder to separately cool the header and head because it is pretty hot in there, even with the vented cockpit. At the beginning of the day I started with the strut 1/16 lower than the sponson depth and wound up 1/16-1/8 lower by the end of the day. The prop that is working best so far is a Propworks 6717/3. I picked up some 91 octane non-ethanol gas from a race fuel place on the way to the lake just to keep ethanol out of the diaphragms. The rudder required no trim and the turn fin required no adjustment. It is the fin and bracket the blazers sell and I squared up the bracket with my work table and just slapped the fin on with the top even with the bracket. The objective today was to get it on the water, have fun, and not wreck it. I think it was a success. The “Boss” was pleased and took lots of pictures and videos, a few of which I’m attaching.
80A4F09F-7086-4022-80C1-EB84A8205A74.jpeg101CAD1B-4A43-45D4-859A-D65418D9A57B.jpegDFC45AEA-CA31-4BDB-8E65-9BED7D7B68D3.jpeg
View attachment IMG_8842.MOV

Attachments

• 8B6D34D4-4194-4F44-A2CA-3C8FCB51A3B5.jpeg
    8B6D34D4-4194-4F44-A2CA-3C8FCB51A3B5.jpeg
    808 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back